Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone prefer the Boss NS-2 over the ISP Decimator?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone prefer the Boss NS-2 over the ISP Decimator?

Just curious. I've never owned an NS-2.

Mesa Boogie RoadsterMesa Boogie Traditional Rectifier 4x12Maxon OD808ISP DecimatorESP LTD EC-1000Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster

yes. The ISP did nothing for me.

Comment

I always thought the loop is what made it an effective noise reduction pedal, which makes the NS-2 far superior.

Without the loop, if you put the gate in front of noisy pedals, you still get white noise. If you put it afterward and have any significant volume shifts, the gate mistriggers. With the loop, it triggers from the front end and opens the gate after the noisy pedals. The end result is dead silence with precision triggering.
      Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro, Epiphone Les Paul Standard (for sale), Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AF75 (for sale), Alvarez Artist, Washburn Taurus, Fender Precision, Rogue MandolinAmps: Traynor YCV40WR, SWR LA12, Behringer BX3000T head/Steel Sound 2x12 bass cabPedals: Too many to list...Good deals: knives490, slufay, Jim Hunter, deadanddreaming, lank81, MickTaylorFan, jmecale72, billy budapest, melx, CRANK, Mdsmithii, juankyman

Comment

• conky
        conky commented
        Editing a comment

I had the NS2 and both the pedal Decimator and the rackmount version. The NS2 did everything the ISP did just as good, if not better at a fraction of the price.

Ksefan, did you put a shirt on?
      http://www.youtube.com/user/primeholy

Originally Posted by decode6

Way to go primeholy, you've just killed Independent George.

Originally Posted by Arpanoid

I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.

Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912

Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

Comment

Working...
      X