NAD: - SUPER AMP SUNDAY! - Egnater Content

brokenfixed

• Members

DAMN....It's a night and day kinda change right there...haha Still got my Hot Rod Deville, might make it my looper amp and put it on the bottom. I never thought I'd see my Deville get dwarfed in volume, headroom, number of holes to probe, weight, size, appearance, "tone", "zazz", "kapowza" and number of handles. (in order of importance w/best for last) Honeymoons are a Hummin, still have no idea how to work in the footswitch and amp dirt, onboard reverb into my pedal setup. I love having everything in the bypass looper. Is it stupid to ask if theres a way to have amp switches controlable by a bypass looper?

egnator.JPG

• Members

Yeah I dont know anything about it either, yet. Except that its awesome. I never looked at these things or gave them the time of day before last week while shopping around and comparing different twins. I hate the word "egnator" and I never liked the look of them enough to read about one. But the features and sound versitility got me interested. Switchable reverb assigned to either channel, or both, independent wattage selector switches for each channel, 6L6 to EL34 tube blend knob, XLR out, external bias test points etc.

I'd say its sort of a hybrid in the sound catagory with tube selector.

The saleskid in Guitar Center and the used one that burned out on me were the only things keeping me from buying one..haha. First he's trying to sell me these interesting facts about the SG Standard I'm holding. All about the 2011 woods are better than the newer models, etc. until I had to specifically say "dude I'm buying an amp not a guitar". He left, came back and switched over to amp knowledge and all this crap until I told him "Listen man, just ease up on the salesman thing, I havent even played a note yet and you keep coming over here." So he finally leaves and I get to play the used one a bit, I go to crank it up a little and ZAPP! the freaking amp dies. Just cuts out completely and smells like burning electrical components.

Now the kids nowhere to be found..haha I got up, put the SG back, told the kid the used one's fried, I'll take the a brand new one and I'll bring it back if it sucks. Ive never been a guitar store dweller playing all the amps and I really set out to do that this time, but I used up all my patience. I'm an internet shopper.

• Members

Cool man, Congrats!

The main thing that has kept me away from those amps is the tube blend. I don't know how it works but it seems gimmicky to me. On top of that, onemanbanned let me borrow his tweaker head and cab a while back and when I would try yo use the tube blend knob, the difference was minimal at best.

However, I will say that the amp did sound good. Really versatile and easy to get a good sound out of. Didn't blow my ass off or anything, but I could really put one of those to use.

• Members

echodeluxe wrote:

Cool man, Congrats!

The main thing that has kept me away from those amps is the tube blend. I don't know how it works but it seems gimmicky to me. On top of that, onemanbanned let me borrow his tweaker head and cab a while back and when I would try yo use the tube blend knob, the difference was minimal at best.

However, I will say that the amp did sound good. Really versatile and easy to get a good sound out of. Didn't blow my ass off or anything, but I could really put one of those to use.

the tweaker doesnt have a tube blend, does it?

Archived