mhuxtable

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

interesting. one just popped up here for $350 too. i loved the sound from it that i heard from Wookie's JC-77, wouldn't mind one myself. is $350 still too much?

'Xactly. They're awesome sounding amps. I'd take one for $300.

• Members

I personally don't think $350 is out of line for a JC77 if it's in top shape. My local GC had one recently for $400, and they sold it within a few days. The 77 is my favorite of the whole line. I had one in my basement for a year once - wasn't mine though. It belonged to a friend who was working in Alaska at the time and traveled frequently. I like the little JC55 too although they don't surface often.

In October, I bought a Peavey Studio Chorus 210 which is the poor man's JC77. Paid $130 for it, and it looks brand new. Nice amp with a great clean tone, but it's no JC77.

• Members

picked up a JC-77 for $250 today. smoked out, gotta get the smell out somehow, any ideas?

it sounds nice, the pots are a little scratchy but i've got some deoxit so i will give it a thorough clean. also, the reverb when turned up past half way starts to feedback confused.gif anyone know whats going on with that?

Archived