X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrive for a silverface twin?

Looking for an overdrive to compliment the songs in my sig. I run through a '74 twin with a strat and an AVRI JM. Not looking to drop a huge amount of money, less than or equal to $150 would be best. I'd also be interested in building a kit with upgraded parts.

Any suggestions?

Also, how do I become purple?!

dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

SD-1

Comment

• Urinate Forever
      Urinate Forever commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd try a rat. silverface amps are kindly ice-y aren't they?

• xrleroyx
      xrleroyx commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been thinking about buying up a few of these and trying my hand at modding.

I use an MXR Classic OD with my silverface twin.  Works really well with a strat.  $30 new when they were sold at GC, you'd have to find one on the used market.

Comment

I used a Rat and SD-1 when I had a SFTR.

Comment

Marshall Guv'nor Mk1 worked well with my Silverface.  You can also use the loop on it to switch channels on the amp if you like.

Good Deals with... MelxGuitars - Shergold, Charvel, Yamaha, SquierEffects - Zoom UltraFuzz > Korg DT10 > EHX POG2 > EHX Nano Small Stone > Tim >Dano F'nC > MXR stereo chorus > Boss RE-20 > Boss RC-2Amps - Marshall JCM800 4010 - Mesa Boogie Studio 22 - Ferrograph .

Comment

• bjcarl
          bjcarl commented
          Editing a comment

flanging_fred wrote:

Marshall Guv'nor Mk1 worked well with my Silverface.  You can also use the loop on it to switch channels on the amp if you like.

This is a great suggestion.  Personally, I drank the kool aid a long time ago and I'm perfectly happy with my Bad Monkey-for the price, it's a pretty safe experiment.

Working...
      X