Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Apogee Duet 2

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apogee Duet 2

Anybody have any input on these? Looking for something to do some simple two mic recording. 

Peter.

They are awesome. I want to get one as well asap.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Spam:<br><br><font size="2"><b><br><br><br><br><br><br><font size="2"><br><br>Selling:<br><br><br><br>Nothing.< br><br><br><br><br>WTB:<br>Catalinbread Merkin Fuzz<br><br>Gibson Maestro FZ-1 or amazing clone<br></font></b><br><br></font></div>

Comment

have one, its nice, sounds good, pretty simple, great that you can run it on USB only/no additional power supply if you want. got the breakout box for it as I found the squid cable a bit of a pain/messy, but the squid is better if you're on the go.

its pretty expensive though. mac only of course. if you're just looking for something to use for recording direct/quick ideas/you don't need all the extras, it may be worthwhile to look at something else.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b><div align="center"><font size="1">we could be dangerous: art, as a real threat</font></div></b></div>

Comment

• cryptosonic
        cryptosonic commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. 750 is a lot for casual two input recording.

They're very nice.  I used to have an Duet v1 and I've used a v2 in the past.  They sound fantastic and are easy to use.

After using quite a few different low end interfaces over the years I have to say that a cheap soundcard is a false economy.  If you can afford a good quality one, like the Duet, then it's well worth the investment in low latency, reliability and, of course, sound quality.  At the moment I have an RME Babyface which has a few more advanced features than the Duet but is quite similar.  The main advantage of the RME is that it works on Windows, whereas Apogee is Mac only.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with: woolyh, kaz2550, fruvai, english_bob, daysofspeed, gambit, matchpoint (twice), SilenceSketches.</div>

Comment

• HP Hovercraft
        HP Hovercraft commented
        Editing a comment

Keep in mind they just announced version 3. Duet 2s might go down in price as soon as they start getting stocked. The only difference as far as I can tell is a direct MIDI input.

• chrisjnyc
        chrisjnyc commented
        Editing a comment

percyexpat wrote:

After using quite a few different low end interfaces over the years I have to say that a cheap soundcard is a false economy.  If you can afford a good quality one, like the Duet, then it's well worth the investment in low latency, reliability and, of course, sound quality.  At the moment I have an RME Babyface which has a few more advanced features than the Duet but is quite similar.  The main advantage of the RME is that it works on Windows, whereas Apogee is Mac only.

Anyone else tried the Apogee head to head with another interface? Is the Duet $300-400 better than a M-Audio or Foucrite? I have never owned an Apogee (windows user), but I wonder if you are getting that much more for your buck.

Anyone seen any recording clips done with the same setup, and only the interface was changed?

Working...
    X