Apogee Duet 2

brnxsbstpstl

• Members

have one, its nice, sounds good, pretty simple, great that you can run it on USB only/no additional power supply if you want. got the breakout box for it as I found the squid cable a bit of a pain/messy, but the squid is better if you're on the go.

its pretty expensive though. mac only of course. if you're just looking for something to use for recording direct/quick ideas/you don't need all the extras, it may be worthwhile to look at something else.

• Members

They're very nice.  I used to have an Duet v1 and I've used a v2 in the past.  They sound fantastic and are easy to use.

After using quite a few different low end interfaces over the years I have to say that a cheap soundcard is a false economy.  If you can afford a good quality one, like the Duet, then it's well worth the investment in low latency, reliability and, of course, sound quality.  At the moment I have an RME Babyface which has a few more advanced features than the Duet but is quite similar.  The main advantage of the RME is that it works on Windows, whereas Apogee is Mac only.

• Members

percyexpat wrote:

After using quite a few different low end interfaces over the years I have to say that a cheap soundcard is a false economy.  If you can afford a good quality one, like the Duet, then it's well worth the investment in low latency, reliability and, of course, sound quality.  At the moment I have an RME Babyface which has a few more advanced features than the Duet but is quite similar.  The main advantage of the RME is that it works on Windows, whereas Apogee is Mac only.

Anyone else tried the Apogee head to head with another interface? Is the Duet $300-400 better than a M-Audio or Foucrite? I have never owned an Apogee (windows user), but I wonder if you are getting that much more for your buck.

Anyone seen any recording clips done with the same setup, and only the interface was changed?

Archived