Fender Mustang midi guitar ques

chrisjnyc

I have not tried it, but it seems conceptually very similar to the Yourock Guitar MIDI controllers. The "strings" on the fretboard are actually just switches... there's no "bending" of strings in the traditional manner, although I believe the vibrato bar sends out MIDI pitch bend cc data.

http://www.yourockguitar.com/

The Yourock stuff works pretty well. It's probably much better than most pitch to MIDI type guitar synth controllers in terms of speed, lack of latency, responsiveness, etc. Still, it will probably require some adjustment in terms of playing approach and technique, as do all MIDI guitar systems.

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

I have not tried it, but it seems conceptually very similar to the Yourock Guitar MIDI controllers. The "strings" on the fretboard are actually just switches... there's no "bending" of strings in the traditional manner, although I believe the vibrato bar sends out MIDI pitch bend cc data.

The Yourock stuff works pretty well. It's probably much better than most pitch to MIDI type guitar synth controllers in terms of speed, lack of latency, responsiveness, etc. Still, it will probably require some adjustment in terms of playing approach and technique, as do all MIDI guitar systems.

Thanks Phil!

I am surprised someone would be taking a midi guitar to the market in 2013. It seems like the trend is to put out vintage inspired gear (retro guitars, tube amps, fuzz pedals, etc). I don't see a wide audience for a midi only guitar. The Fender mustang guitar I have originally sold for about $150 (about 1-2 years ago). Now you can get one for $35 new... Mine is really a toy, but it shows you the lack of demand for a midi guitar device.

Archived