Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what chorus do you suppose this is?

I've been listening to this Terry Reid record Rogue Waves and there's a chorused guitar all over it.  I like the sound so I was curious what pedal could be making it.  I wanted to share the opening track "Ain't No Shadow" but it's not on Youtube. Here's a link to it on Spotify: Terry Reid

Yo, io.

Sounds like an EHX Electric Mistress (non-deluxe)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/eti313 (umm, how do we make clickable links in sigs?)Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3Kudos'd

Comment

• io
      io commented
      Editing a comment

thank you.  I suppose it could be a flanger, I hadn't that of that.

The Boss CE-2 was around by then, as was its predecessor, the CE-1. Since the CE-2 wasn't released until the end of 1979, the CE-1 would be the more likely possibility. Of course, there's also the JC120 Jazz Chorus, which has the same chorus / vibrato circuit as the CE-1 built-in, and was first released in 1975.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
    X