Show the love for Seymour Duncan Pedals

RickBeall

• Members

... or maybe not.

Musician's Friend is no longer carrying the pedals and the $299 pedals are showing up on ebay for $110.

It looks like they were a failure in the marketplace.

They sure jumped in with both feet. Instead of making their mark with just one good pedal they put out about 10.

What do you think? Are they being phased out?

Due to the low prices, I just bought the Twin Tube Blue and the Deja Vu delay. For the $110 each they seem like quite the deal.

There is nothing too astounding about the Twin Tube Blue. I record it straight to the board. Maybe it might be more exciting if I used it to drive a clean tube amp. But it is nice having a pedal voiced for blues, which is my thing.

The Deja Vu is pretty cool. It has a digital and an analog delay, with a modulation (flutter) that affects the analog. And you can control it with a generic foot pedal. It may be no vintage Memory Man but it seems a good deal for about $100.

I was eying the compressor pedal. You can mix the uncompressed signal back into the compressed signal. Kind of a cool thought.

Any thoughts?

• Members

I had that tremolo for a while
while I loved the options, the combination of the shape & wave knob are really great. lots of tremolo shapes. TONS.
but I wouldn't agree that it had tone, it was VERY sterile, what goes in goes out!.
lots of other tremolos are voiced but this one was VERY sterile.
I do wish other tremolo (or other modulation) pedals would have a duty cycle/shape/symmetry knob. great for dialing in a throbbing.

• Members

I had that tremolo for a while
while I loved the options, the combination of the shape & wave knob are really great. lots of tremolo shapes. TONS.
but I wouldn't agree that it had tone, it was VERY sterile, what goes in goes out!.
lots of other tremolos are voiced but this one was VERY sterile.
I do wish other tremolo (or other modulation) pedals would have a duty cycle/shape/symmetry knob. great for dialing in a throbbing.

• Members

i played with a guy who had the shape shifter, it sounded really terrible, great idea in theory but just had a weak effect on the sound overall.

i did always want to try out the tweak fuzz, SD is a weird company, i mean, look at the tele they tried to build and sell for thousands of dollars

• Members

i played with a guy who had the shape shifter, it sounded really terrible, great idea in theory but just had a weak effect on the sound overall.

i did always want to try out the tweak fuzz, SD is a weird company, i mean, look at the tele they tried to build and sell for thousands of dollars

Archived