X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Recent Vinyl Scores

Been buying records instead of pedals lately. Any of you guys into collective vinyl?

DSC\_0575.JPG

Attached Files

paging Mr Honk... Mr Good Honk...

<div class="signaturecontainer">Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya'<br>Good Deals with: Catalinbread, BR4D/MojoHand (via his retailers), sh333 (teh debbil)</div><br><br>Not around much any more

Comment

I have been buying vinyls instead of pedals recently also. this friday after work I picked up Between the Buried and Me self-titled lp and ZZ Top Afterburner (used $3).

last week I got Ween's 12 Golden Country Greats and Deep Purple's Fireball (used $3).

Have you checked out discogs.com? its a good site for catalouging what you have and finding rare stuff that other people have. my wishlist keeps growing every day.

Comment

Nice.

Vinyl addiction is an excellent substitute for pedal addiction. I just ordered a few Frusciante records that have finally been reissued - Will to death, DC EP and Ataxia II. 

I had to spend a bit to replace my cartridge recently though, so that has slowed down my reckless spending. Bought a Ortofon 2m red and my set up sounds better than ever. 

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Great transactions with: Amplifier Worship, lowbrow, Faldoe, seifukusha, squareking, needleTOink, StopReferencing, Aaron SS, Lou-Dog</font></div>

Comment

• goodhonk
        goodhonk commented
        Editing a comment
        Aw yeah, gotta get me that flaming lips album!

Just ordered the new MBV and I also got Dripping on wax a couple weeks ago. Did you pick it up at one of their gigs?
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font face="Georgia"><font size="3">Listen to my band's new song &quot;Clover&quot; and download our albums free.</font></font> </font><font face="Georgia"><font size="3"><a target="_blank" href="http://modgun.bandcamp.com">modgun.bandcamp.com</a></font></font><br><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• Urinate Forever
        Urinate Forever commented
        Editing a comment

nope, i ordered it thru bandcamp. Found their stuff through a related videos from a Whores video.

I got the big web ep too when that came out. Wish I had a copy of Magic Isn't Real!

Hopefully I'll be able to see them when they pass thru philly in a few months.

Recent purchases from latest to oldest - mbv, Tame Impala-Lonerism, Grizzly Bear-Shields, Melody's Echo Chamber, Vetiver-Errant Charm, Sea&Cake-Runner, Chairlift-Something...

Comment

• Fender&EHX4ever
        Fender&EHX4ever commented
        Editing a comment

Looking forward this year to Bowie, MGMT, Phoenix, Arcade Fire...

STOP kids before it's too late! They are the worst thing to move.

I have many crates in another room.....

records  summer 2012.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

• Capsule
        Capsule commented
        Editing a comment

^^^ nice. 

I've bought a ton of vinyl lately...  need to slow down actually. 

age of adz is fantastic
      nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• jordanjordan
        jordanjordan commented
        Editing a comment

PKTrono wrote:
        age of adz is fantastic

This. The production on that record really comes to life on vinyl. Check out St Vincent's Strange Mercy album on vinyl. I like it for a lot of the same reasons as Age of Adz. 

Gonna put on da vinyls record.

Comment

Working...
      X