Looking for a good fuzz face clone... suggestions?

Stubacca

• Members

TomVanDeven wrote:

Stu, get yourself one of the new mini Fuzz Faces! The little Hendrix one is adorable, I want it myself.

This. Dunlop has been getting things right lately.

Stu, what amp are you running? I tend to prefer germanium through Fenders and Voxes, and silicon through Marshalls, but that changes depending on my mood. Germanium tends to be smoother and more overdrivey, whilst silicon can be more agressive and spitty.

If the fuzz doesn't clean up when you back off the volume, then the builder is doing it wrong. This goes for both Ge and Si versions.

• Members

trainbridge wrote:

Fuzz factory, fuzz probe. Fuzz face tones and moar....lots lots more.

I do regret getting rid of my Fuzz Factory... maybe again soon?

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

Try the Mojo Hand FX Crosstown. It's my favorite FF type pedal to date. It's a hybrid, and has some useful additions to the original FF circuit that make it a lot more flexible IMO.

Thanks Phil, I was looking at this and the extra tweakability is a draw for sure. Do you have any experience with the BYOC ESV fuzz or the Jam Pedals Fuzz Phrase? These two are also peaking my interest.

• Members

yea the fuzz face minis look cool.

personally i would get a Wilson effects Stoned Grasshopper, but the original graphics version. it looks so nice and sounds so nice plus gives you a nice Tubescreamer type drive AND a clean boost that i think has a buffer/line driver in it.

the new wilson graphics for the grasshopper are flat out hideous compared to the original simplistic sparkly cummy awesome grasshopper one. one of my favorite designs ever, and super neat pedal.

Archived