Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I would have thought it had more headroom than that.

I play with a LOUD drummer, so depending on what you play it may work for you. If you're looking at a Triwatt though their selling point is mainly being a lower wattage DR504, if you want headroom I'd just get one of the VHR kits for a 50 watter. The Triwatt DR channel sounded just like a lower wattage version of my Reeves, it was great. Again, my opinion may be skewed regarding headroom seeing as how I now play a Hiwatt 100 and am used to V4's and the like.
    On John Mayer:

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

He stole the suit from Clapton, and stole the music from SRV. I'm still trying to figure out where he stole his crappy airy voice from. A mix of Dave Matthews, and somebody who sucks.

"Well Julian may have more book learnin than me but it doesn't take a rocket appliance to figure this out."

Good Deals

Gear
    Trinity Triwatt
    1969 Ampeg VT-40
    '74 Orange 4x12
    ES 335
    Supro Coronado

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. As for as the headroom concern, I play a Classic 30 (30 watts, 1x12) and a Tiny Terror (15 watts, 2x12) with my drummer and still get a clean sound with my LP. I'm guessing the Triwatt will be able to deliver clean as well.

As far as the kits - VHR no long offers kits, sad. Ceriatone has two Hiwatt clones - the 103 and 504 (and a 504 OL, which I'm not interested in). The 103 (the 100 watter) is the same price as the Triwatt, $600, which includes all the parts, chassis, plates and transformers, and no tubes. Same price as the Triwatt, more power. The Ceriatone 504 is only $530 for everything except tubes.

What is a boy to do.
      Love,
      Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

Oh man, if you're able to play your LP through a Tiny Terror and be good to go then you'll be A-OK good sir. I'm sure you'd be fine with the 6v6s but if that doesn't do it I have no doubt in my mind that the KT-66s will. If I remember correctly the 66s put it up around 40 watts. In regards to the differing kits, it is seriously handy to have the OL and DR tones in one amp. It is one of the reasons that I will once again own a Triwatt at some point.
        On John Mayer:

He stole the suit from Clapton, and stole the music from SRV. I'm still trying to figure out where he stole his crappy airy voice from. A mix of Dave Matthews, and somebody who sucks.

"Well Julian may have more book learnin than me but it doesn't take a rocket appliance to figure this out."

Good Deals

Gear
        Trinity Triwatt
        1969 Ampeg VT-40
        '74 Orange 4x12
        ES 335
        Supro Coronado

Comment

I'm almost positive the Triwatt will be my next amp.
          good deals with: nearly everyone.
          Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. As for as the headroom concern, I play a Classic 30 (30 watts, 1x12) and a Tiny Terror (15 watts, 2x12) with my drummer and still get a clean sound with my LP. I'm guessing the Triwatt will be able to deliver clean as well.

As far as the kits - VHR no long offers kits, sad. Ceriatone has two Hiwatt clones - the 103 and 504 (and a 504 OL, which I'm not interested in). The 103 (the 100 watter) is the same price as the Triwatt, $600, which includes all the parts, chassis, plates and transformers, and no tubes. Same price as the Triwatt, more power. The Ceriatone 504 is only $530 for everything except tubes.

What is a boy to do.

Ceriatone will cost you at least $175 just to ship it here.
            good deals with: nearly everyone.
            Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

Yep. And you might want to upgrade some of the parts along the way, like the transformers. The Triwatt is filled with solid parts and the trannies are awesome.
              On John Mayer:

Good Deals

Gear
              Trinity Triwatt
              1969 Ampeg VT-40
              '74 Orange 4x12
              ES 335
              Supro Coronado

Comment

Would.
                Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Would...

Save up and get a real Hiwatt.
                  Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

Would...

No.
                    Love,
                    Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

Did not know this. Thanks.

Ceriatone.net (rather than .com) is a distributor based in the US and charges the same kit prices as you would get directly through Nik but without the massive shipping cost because they're not shipping from Malaysia.
                      VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Comment

Try $95.

$625, shipping including, from Abraxas Cabs (www.ceriatone.net), which now sells Ceriatone without the excessive shipping and duties.

$375 (shipped) with the transformers if you want to source your own.

http://www.ceriatone.net/upload/index.php?route=product/product&path=64_70&product_id=77

Personally, the Triwatt is the prefect size for me, but a lot of people only want Hiwatt cleans to do the Gilmour thing and would want a good 50 watts of headroom.

Comment

Would...

But would you save up and get two? Cause you won't find a Hiwatt that has both the OL and DR circuits together. I know quite a few people don't like the OL sound or don't consider it real Hiwatt tones(which I can agree with though I still love the way it sounds) but if you do like the sound and especially if you're not in a situation to open up a Hiwatt then the Triwatt works great. Just food for thought.
                          On John Mayer:

Good Deals

Gear
                          Trinity Triwatt
                          1969 Ampeg VT-40
                          '74 Orange 4x12
                          ES 335
                          Supro Coronado

Comment

Damn. $625 for the DR504 clone, or $600 for the Triwatt. However, after shipping it comes to $720 for the DR504 clone and $630 for the Triwatt.

Ugh.
                            Love,
                            Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

Yeah, now that's cool Ceriatone finally has a US setup.
                              On John Mayer:

Good Deals

Gear
                              Trinity Triwatt
                              1969 Ampeg VT-40
                              '74 Orange 4x12
                              ES 335
                              Supro Coronado

Comment

I know you wanted to build one, H.R., but there's a Ceriatone "DR504" on the 'Bay for 4 bills...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hiwatt-DR504-Clone-Ceriatone-/251149530066

Comment

Working...
                                X