What shall I replace my Dano transparent OD with?

rawk100

• Members

So the Dano TOD finally crapped out and I fancy something similar sounding with treble and bass controls. Can't be arsed to queue for a Timmy so what else is similar? Considering things like TC Electronic Spark Boost, Xotic BB/ac/rc, Hardwired overdrive, Keeley Fatboost, etc, etc....using it to boost my distorted amp for more "chunk".

• Members

since you are unig it to beef up a dirty amp, I'd recommend trying a catalinbread naga viper. it is not the same type of pedal, but it sound so good for boosting amps and drives. I love mine. it is one of the more powerful tonal/distortion tools I have ever used.

• Members

rawk100 wrote:

So the Dano TOD finally crapped out and I fancy something similar sounding with treble and bass controls. Can't be arsed to queue for a Timmy so what else is similar? Considering things like TC Electronic Spark Boost, Xotic BB/ac/rc, Hardwired overdrive, Keeley Fatboost, etc, etc....using it to boost my distorted amp for more "chunk".

Yea, I just fixed my TOD too...  problem where the enclosure was causing a short, just needed to cover the PCB where it meets the cover.

You can swap out another switch, as a standard 3pdt switch can be soldered using the old switch PCB.

Also, before it was fixed I called Paul C about a Timmy, and he said it would be about a week to get one.

• Members

I replaced mine today with a Timmy.  I bought it new and "blemished" from Rock Block Guitars.  I saw that site mentioned in thread on TGP about stores that stock Timmys.  They happened to have one in stock for less than new price. 

I got it today and I can't seem to find the blemish anywhere.  This thing sounds freaking great.  I'd shoot for a Timmy.  Check that website sometimes and any of the other sites people say stock Timmys somtimes.  I just kept doing that until I saw one go by.

20130205_185843_zps572bb5d4.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii316/woohoo_its_420/20130205_185843_zps572bb5d4.jpg[/img]

• Members

chrisjnyc wrote:

rawk100 wrote:

Yea, I just fixed my TOD too...  problem where the enclosure was causing a short, just needed to cover the PCB where it meets the cover.

You can swap out another switch, as a standard 3pdt switch can be soldered using the old switch PCB.

hmmm, interesting

my Coolcat chorus crapped out on me, will try to see if I can get it to work again

Archived