Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shall I replace my Dano transparent OD with?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What shall I replace my Dano transparent OD with?

So the Dano TOD finally crapped out and I fancy something similar sounding with treble and bass controls. Can't be arsed to queue for a Timmy so what else is similar? Considering things like TC Electronic Spark Boost, Xotic BB/ac/rc, Hardwired overdrive, Keeley Fatboost, etc, etc....using it to boost my distorted amp for more "chunk".
    Champion Clam Jouster of the Official Marshall Circle of Tone

Good deals with: Chisa, Fastboy, Longshins

What is wrong with the pedal? Could it be fixed or rehoused?

Comment

• rawk100
      rawk100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Switch is broken but I guess it could be repaired. Just using it as an excuse to try something else... ;-)

Having had a TOD, I'd recommend looking into a WH Pork Loin. It is a great boost and overdrive. It also is very tweakable, which you may want if you need to replace the TOD.

Comment

• bieke
      bieke commented
      Editing a comment

Timmy ?

• rawk100
      rawk100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did actually think about the WH Green Rhino but not the Pork Loin. Do you know how they compare? Is the PL more transparent?

I found a Timmy on ebay for a reasonable price and I pulled the trigger and I'm glad I did. Sounds incredible. I don't remember what I paid but I'm sure it was less than $160. I would just spring for that, man.

Acts 2:38Tumblrtwitter- @bnmitchell

Comment

Mooer Flex Boost - AC boost clone supposedly, great-sounding OD, cheap.  Thanks Ren

Great trades with Tengo, Goldie-gold, Ancient Mariner, TritoneTerror and lowbrow

Comment

• starmansam
      starmansam commented
      Editing a comment

since you are unig it to beef up a dirty amp, I'd recommend trying a catalinbread naga viper. it is not the same type of pedal, but it sound so good for boosting amps and drives. I love mine. it is one of the more powerful tonal/distortion tools I have ever used.

Get a Klone from ARC Effects.

Comment

• orourke
      orourke commented
      Editing a comment
      Barber LTD. Super high quality, transparent, affordable.

rawk100 wrote:
    So the Dano TOD finally crapped out and I fancy something similar sounding with treble and bass controls. Can't be arsed to queue for a Timmy so what else is similar? Considering things like TC Electronic Spark Boost, Xotic BB/ac/rc, Hardwired overdrive, Keeley Fatboost, etc, etc....using it to boost my distorted amp for more "chunk".

Yea, I just fixed my TOD too...  problem where the enclosure was causing a short, just needed to cover the PCB where it meets the cover.

You can swap out another switch, as a standard 3pdt switch can be soldered using the old switch PCB.

Also, before it was fixed I called Paul C about a Timmy, and he said it would be about a week to get one.

******For Sale*******ZVEX SHODanelctro Cool Cat Chorushttp://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Effects/ZVEX-EQD-Tremolo-midi-pedal-etc/m-p/35322845#U35322845

Comment

• bieke
      bieke commented
      Editing a comment

chrisjnyc wrote:

rawk100 wrote:

Yea, I just fixed my TOD too...  problem where the enclosure was causing a short, just needed to cover the PCB where it meets the cover.

You can swap out another switch, as a standard 3pdt switch can be soldered using the old switch PCB.

hmmm, interesting
      my Coolcat chorus crapped out on me, will try to see if I can get it to work again

I replaced mine today with a Timmy.  I bought it new and "blemished" from Rock Block Guitars.  I saw that site mentioned in thread on TGP about stores that stock Timmys.  They happened to have one in stock for less than new price. 

I got it today and I can't seem to find the blemish anywhere.  This thing sounds freaking great.  I'd shoot for a Timmy.  Check that website sometimes and any of the other sites people say stock Timmys somtimes.  I just kept doing that until I saw one go by.

[IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii316/woohoo_its_420/20130205_185843_zps572bb5d4.jpg[/IMG]

Past (soon to be present hopefully) Youtube Vids

youtube.com/tronus98

Comment

• silver-seven
      silver-seven commented
      Editing a comment
      I have both the Xotic BB and RC but.......I would replace it with a Mojo Hand Rook. It has a very Klon-like tone and a fairly affordable price. I have all three of these pedals on my board and for the money you can't get a better OD than the Rook IMO.

Working...
X