songs that bring back intense memories/feelings

Faldoe

• Members

All of my favorite music brings back intense memories of some kind... which is why they are my favorite songs.

California Dreaming, and pretty much anything with Mama Cass singing reminds me of being a toddler and hanging out with my mom listening to her stereo. She wasn't a hippie or stoner, but she loved paisley and incense in the early 70s.She also played a lot of Simon and Garfunkel for me. Those early impressions have defined my melodic preferences ever since.

My mom bought me Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band for Christmas when I was 9 in 1979. That album changed everything. It turned a cold Indiana morning into a technicolor journey, and fueled my taste for conceptual albums with intros, seques, and finales.

David Bowie's Let's Dance and Duran Duran's Rio defined the age between 12 and 14... the soundtracks of early adolescence... reminds me of springtime rain and of course girls.

U2's Unforgettable Fire was the soundtrack of high school... autumn, the smell of firewood, and ghosts.

My college years are tied to Cocteau Twins Blue Bell Knoll and Heaven or Las Vegas, MBV's Loveless, and all the shoegaze stuff... 

Post college? Too many to name.

Archived