X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lo-watt alternative to Ampeg V-2

Yeah, I know the V-2 is only 60 watts.

But I never get to turn my Deluxe Reverb over 3.5 when we're playing gigs, and I've been bitten by the Ampeg bug after listening to "Sticky Fingers" for the nine hundredth time.

So help me out. There must be some other Ampeg that approximates that tone but at lower volumes (Maps not asked for obvious reasons).

http://soundcloud.com/tin-fingers

maybe the new GVT series? played one for a bit a week or so again. with the Baxandall EQ it feels pretty similar to my V4.

ESP M1 - ltd PB500 - ltd H1000 - Ibanez S Classic - Epiphone Goth Explorer - Ibanez SRP 400 - OLP MM2
    EB VPJr - BOSS TU2 - Dunlop QZ1 - Enormous Door ATX - EMMA pisdiYAUwot - SHO clone - EHX Small Stone Nano - EHX Memory Toy Nano - AKAI Headrush e2 - EHX Holy Grail Nano -- Ampeg V4
    Ampeg V4 - SUNN Concert Bass - Ampeg VL1002 - Ampeg B2R - Mesa/Boogie Rocket 44
    Instagram @spokey_dokey

Comment

• Don't Post
      Don't Post commented
      Editing a comment

Dam Dirty Hippies............BALLS

There's the 15W Ampeg GVT15 combo - they have a restock at MF right now for only $499. Typically, they are $599 new. There's also the head version, which normally goes for $499 new.

In pedal form, the Catalinbread SFT is an outstanding pedal that can really nail Ampeg tones when running into a Fender.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• t-rey
      t-rey commented
      Editing a comment
      Never played a v2, but my GVT15 sounds like what I would expect a mini v2 to sound like.

Working...
X