Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Digitech Whammy vs. old WH-1

When I was much younger, and more foolish, I purchased a used WH-1 right after digitech issued the Whammy II. I had not been playing guitar long and had no clue how to use it so it was sold; probably for something stupid. (I mainly used it as a chorus pedal and to annoy the crap out of my highschool jazz band; had a good chorus sound in detune mode.) I was considering the new whammy reissue but have read mixed reviews. What is the difference between old and new; I read something about a chip in the old one that is no longer available and a different bypass switch. Should I save up and buy an old one off e-bay or settle for a new one?
    "Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately it is the one thing that, whatever you do, you cannot avoid"

- Salvador Dali -

"I was trying to do too many things at the same time, which is my nature. But I was enjoying it, and I still do enjoy it."

- Jimi Hendrix -

Try the Electro Harmonix Hog. You might like it.

Comment

yea good question
      i wanted to know if the whammy chip V1 was in the RP3
      but i didnt get any replys so bumpage

Comment

i havent tried one of the old ones. i have one of the new ones and i quite like it. i see how the WH-1 could be better but i like it none the less. it really depends on how picky you are (most people on here are quite picky) about your tone. wh-1 go on the 'bay for roughly 650 cdn. if you're looking for a pitch shifter, go with the above but if you're looking for a pitch shifter thats more versatile (with the treadle) go with the wh-4. if your rich, go for the wh-1.
        current signal chain:
        ESP LTD M-107> DT-10> WH-4> GCB-90> TS-808> NF-1> DS-1> Sonic Stomp> PSM-5> BF-2> Phase 90> Small Clone> DE-7> Marshall MGHDFX100

Originally Posted by L_Z_nut

Saying you're done with pedals is like saying you're done with women. You might survive for a while, until you feel a tingle in your pants. Next thing you know you're broke.

Originally Posted by echodeluxe

oil is so expensive because i buy so much of it to bathe my baby seals.

Comment

Chek out this review of the first generation digitech whammy

Comment

I've got the WH-1, been through several other whammies as well. With the exception of the size, the new one is better in every way. They seem to have cleaned up alot of the glaringly bad issues the WH-4 had (you would have HATED the chorus on the 4, horrible pre-delay to it that makes it useless).

For the money, get the new one. The WH-1 does sound awesome and definitely feels a little different under the foot being smaller. I dig mine, but I wouldn't have one if I didn't score such a killer deal on it.
          Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• vidret
            vidret commented
            Editing a comment
            maybe you didn't see my pic.

this thread is over 5 years old.

• Phil O'Keefe
            Phil O'Keefe commented
            Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:
            I've got the WH-1, been through several other whammies as well. With the exception of the size, the new one is better in every way. They seem to have cleaned up alot of the glaringly bad issues the WH-4 had (you would have HATED the chorus on the 4, horrible pre-delay to it that makes it useless).

For the money, get the new one. The WH-1 does sound awesome and definitely feels a little different under the foot being smaller. I dig mine, but I wouldn't have one if I didn't score such a killer deal on it.

Yes, I know it's an ancient thread, but in case anyone else is wondering, there's no reason not to respond to it - the same question still occasionally comes up in reference to the WH-1 and the new Whammy V. In my opinion, the new Whammy is the best Whammy pedal yet - and that includes the WH-1. Other than the WH-1's smaller size, there's nothing about it that is better than the Whammy 5, and nothing it can do that the Whammy V can't. And the Whammy V can do things (such as poliphonic shifting) that the WH-1 can not do.

Bah. Can't see any of that stuff on mobile mode. ****************ing 3.0.
          Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Why would the op want to spend money on a pedal he didnt even like? Consumer sheep ****************.
            Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Working...
            X