One place for sharing all patches

epPrime

• Members

Hi friends,

I want to inform you about new site for sharing patches. Basic idea is to have patches for all guitar and bass processors at one place and to make it systematic, easy to use and very informative. Main difference between this and similar sites is that it is made for all processors AND amount of typing is reduced when uploading patches. You just fill out a form of your gear (after registration) and later select that information from dropdown list (for processor model and signal path), when creating new patch.

Visitor can then see informations about patches, like description, gear used, video or audio etc. Gear description in showed on mouse hover, so if you have a semi or full custom gear, description field is a neat way to inform visitors about whole sonic image. Visitor can also download pdf of all of this informations or print them, and also use rss for certain processors models.

Registration and using of a site is of course free and it will remain free. Don't forget to activate your account after registering :)

This is the list of the supported processors.

Boss GS-10

Boss GT-3

Boss GT-5

Boss GT-6

Boss GT-6B

Boss GT-8

Boss GT-10

Boss GT-10B

Boss GT-100

Boss ME-5

Boss ME-6

Boss ME-6B

Boss ME-8

Boss ME-8B

Boss ME-10

Boss ME-20

Boss ME-20B

Boss ME-25

Boss ME-30

Boss ME-33

Boss ME-50

Boss ME-50B

Boss ME-70

Boss GT-Pro

Boss VF-1

Boss SX-700

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Digitech DHP33

Digitech DHP55

Digitech DSP128

Digitech GNX 1

Digitech GNX 2

Digitech GNX 3

Digitech GNX 4

Digitech GNX 3000

Digitech Genesis 1

Digitech Genesis 3

Digitech GSP21

Digitech GSP1101

Digitech GSP2101

Digitech IPS33

Digitech IPS33B

Digitech RP1

Digitech RP7

Digitech RP10

Digitech RP20

Digitech RP21D

Digitech RP50

Digitech RP55

Digitech RP70

Digitech RP80

Digitech RP90

Digitech RP100a

Digitech RP200a

Digitech RP300a

Digitech RP150

Digitech RP155

Digitech RP250

Digitech RP255

Digitech RP350

Digitech RP355

Digitech RPx400

Digitech RP500

Digitech RP1000

Digitech RP2000

Digitech S100

Digitech S200

Digitech Valve FX

Digitech VGS 2120

Digitech SGS 2112

Digitech BNX3

Digitech BP50

Digitech BP80

Digitech BP90

Digitech BP200

Digitech BP355

Eventide DSP 4000

Eventide Eclipse

Eventide H3000

Eventide H4000

Eventide H7600

Eventide H8000FW

Eventide H949

Eventide Orville

Fender Cyber Champ

Fender Cyber Deluxe

Fender Cyber Twin

Fender Cyber Twin SE

Fender G-DEC 3

Fender Mustang I

Fender Mustang II

Fender Mustang III

Fender Mustang IV

Fender Mustang V Head

Fender Mustang Mini

Fender Mustang Floor

Fractal audio Axe Fx Standard

Fractal audio Axe Fx Ultra

Fractal audio Axe Fx II

IK Multimedia AmpliTube 1

IK Multimedia AmpliTube 2

IK Multimedia AmpliTube 3

Kemper Profiling Amp

Korg AX3G

Korg AX5G

Korg AX30G

Korg AX100G

Korg AX1000G

Korg AX1500G

Korg AX3000G

Korg PX4

Korg PX5D

Korg AX3B

Korg AX5B

Korg AX10B

Korg AX30B

Korg AX100B

Korg AX1000B

Korg AX1500B

Korg AX3000B

Korg PX4B

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 1

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 2

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 3

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 4

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5

Line6 M5

Line6 M9

Line6 M13

Line6 POD X3

Line6 POD X3 Live

Line6 POD X3 Pro

Line6 POD xt

Line6 POD HD300

Line6 POD HD400

Line6 POD HD500

Line6 POD HD Pro

Line6 POD HD Desktop

Line6 PODxt Bass

Line6 PODxt Pro Bass

Line6 POD 2.0

Line6 POD Pro

Line6 Floor POD Plus

Line6 Pocket POD

Line6 Guitar port

Peavey Vypyr 30

Peavey Vypyr 30 Head

Peavey Vypyr 75

Peavey Vypyr 100

Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 Combo

Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 Head

Peavey Revalver MKII

Peavey Revalver MKIII

Peavey Transformer 112

Peavey Transformer 212

Rocktron Chameleon

Rocktron Intellifex

Rocktron Prophecy

Rocktron Replifex

Rocktron Taboo Artist

Rocktron Voodu Valve

Rocktron Xpression

Rocktron Utopia B100

Rocktron Utopia B200

Rocktron Utopia B300

Rocktron Utopia G100

Rocktron Utopia G200

Rocktron Utopia G200B

Rocktron Utopia G300

Roland GP-8

Roland GP-16

Roland GP-100

Roland GR-1

Roland GR-20

Roland GR-30

Roland GR-33

Roland GR-50

Roland GR-55

Roland VG-8

Roland VG-9

Roland VG-88

Roland VG-99

TC Electronic G-Force

TC Electronic G-Major

TC Electronic G-Major 2

TC Electronic G-System

TC Electronic M5000

TC Electronic Nova System

Vox Tonelab EX

Vox Tonelab Desktop

Vox Tonelab LE

VOX ToneLab ST

Yamaha Magicstomp

Yamaha Magicstomp II

Yamaha FX-900

Yamaha REV500

ZOOM 8080

Zoom A2.1u

ZOOM B9.1ut

Zoom B2.1U

ZOOM B3

ZOOM G2.1DM

Zoom G2.1Nu

ZOOM G3

ZOOM G5

Zoom G7.1ut

Zoom G9.2tt

ZOOM ZFX C5.1T

If you think that some processors should be added/removed, speak freely. Also I would like to know ideas for improvements or bugs, errors etc.

At the moment, server could be a bit slow, but site recently started and we will upgrade to new server soon.

Link to site

Effect Patches

Rock on :rawk:

• Members

Hi friends,

I want to inform you about new site for sharing patches. Basic idea is to have patches for all guitar and bass processors at one place and to make it systematic, easy to use and very informative. Main difference between this and similar sites is that it is made for all processors AND amount of typing is reduced when uploading patches. You just fill out a form of your gear (after registration) and later select that information from dropdown list (for processor model and signal path), when creating new patch.

Visitor can then see informations about patches, like description, gear used, video or audio etc. Gear description in showed on mouse hover, so if you have a semi or full custom gear, description field is a neat way to inform visitors about whole sonic image. Visitor can also download pdf of all of this informations or print them, and also use rss for certain processors models.

Registration and using of a site is of course free and it will remain free. Don't forget to activate your account after registering
:)

This is the list of the supported processors.

If you think that some processors should be added/removed, speak freely. Also I would like to know ideas for improvements or bugs, errors etc.

At the moment, server could be a bit slow, but site recently started and we will upgrade to new server soon.

Link to site

Effect Patches

Rock on
:rawk:

This reeks so much of those random spam posts that pop up from time to time selling shoes and electronics and stuff. Always a list of products.

• Members

what an excellent idea.. not sure its necessary to give the guy shit about it guys. could well be an honest attempt at making an accesible one-stop site for the users of all these effects.

i mean the alternative is probably yahoo groups or some shit :lol:

• Members

I saw "Effects - Pedals, Multi-Effects, and Floor Boxes" title and presumed that there are people here who use processors, so why is it so bad to inform them about site on the internet where they can exchange patches/presets? If this topic is in the wrong section of the forum (pedals only maybe), moderator could move it.

If you are using pedals, it's ok with me, but you don't have to be so rude. I'm not selling anything, neither I insulted you in any way and you attacked me like a pack of hounds. :confused:

what an excellent idea.. not sure its necessary to give the guy shit about it guys. could well be an honest attempt at making an accesible one-stop site for the users of all these effects.

Thank you. At least one man understood what I'm doing here. :thu:

The reason they went after you so hard is that your post has the appearance of spam to it. Spam is any post that is designed to drive traffic to your site and away from the site you spammed. You may not be "selling" anything in the traditional sense, but you are "spamming" (promoting) your site. In this case, it sounds like something that would actually be useful to the effects community at large, so I have no problem with letting your post stay up - but I suspect you would have received a more favorable welcome if you had approached this a little differently and introduced yourself to our community first, said hello and then after introductions, told people about what you're trying to do with the site.

Best of luck with your site and project - I do agree that it's a good idea. :wave:

• Members

I saw "Effects - Pedals,
Multi-Effects
, and Floor Boxes" title and presumed that there are people here who use processors, so why is it so bad to inform them about site on the internet where they can exchange patches/presets? If this topic is in the wrong section of the forum (pedals only maybe), moderator could move it.

The moderator thinks it good to leave us multi-fx users in here with the analog pedal stomp box loving tone hounds.

I guess it'd be too decent to let us have a distinct forum of our own where we wouldn't have to put up with them.

So, yes, this is the designated place for multi-fx, but don't expect much, thanks to being lumped in with the above.

• Members

The reason they went after you so hard is that your post has the appearance of spam to it. Spam is any post that is designed to drive traffic to your site and away from the site you spammed. You may not be "selling" anything in the traditional sense, but you are "spamming" (promoting) your site. In this case, it sounds like something that would actually be useful to the effects community at large, so I have no problem with letting your post stay up - but I suspect you would have received a more favorable welcome if you had approached this a little differently and introduced yourself to our community first, said hello and then after introductions, told people about what you're trying to do with the site.

Best of luck with your site and project - I do agree that it's a good idea.

I am promoting site, but in no way it's competition for Harmony Central. It's not designed to drive traffic away from forums and discussions, it's an add on to guitar & bass community.

You are probably right, but I did say hi, and explained site briefly. :) Maybe if I put my CV, social security number and adress, topic wouldn't be spammed in less than a minute. :D

Thanks. :wave:

I was just quoting UHF out of context because its an awesome movie.

No that's great that you're sharing patches. Killer idea, I hope it catches on.

Among other posts, it can easily be misunderstood. :)

Thanks.

Interwebs is not the place for the thin-skinned.

Internet or RL, good manners are good manners. ;)

harmony central's should start its own Patch Sharing database!

suggest it to the site admin.

What's wrong with Effect Patches? If you have any ideas for improvements, do tell.

It was made for all people, not just HC users.

• Members

There are a myriad of things folks could be objecting to.

I doubt "sharingrealthingsofvalueforfree" is one of them... this is the land of the free and the clone of the brain.

More likely, they are speaking from their last pr0n download experience in which they picked up some .ru Krokodil paypalvirus and are now posting from their mother's 386-based OfficeSystem in the basement. Translated: anyone with more than 30 minutes internet experience is leary of 'something for nothing'.

To reiterate Phil, you might want to give folks your background, how the server will be funded, how well will it be protected against hijackware, maybe some assurances that all the patches that people will offer will be tested and verified malware free (since these are DL'd via a computer, the potential for malware hitchhikers is there), will the system be mirrored (so when your interest wanes, the library will live on).

This is just a quicklist of typical things-to-go-wrong...all one has to do is look at the damage-done or information-lost via sites like Schemtaic Heaven, CeeJay's Silvertone Zone, Oilcan Addicts (at risk), etc. If you can create a robust site, say, like Discofreq's Effectsdatabase, then more power to ya! But it takes a huge effort, and anything short of that will come back to bite you, and your visitor's, in the ass.

Good luck.

• Members

There are a myriad of things folks could be objecting to....

Thanks for good post and good questions. I'll explain what's on my mind.

I understand the suspicions. There's no such thing as free lunch. Someone will have to pay for server storage and maintenance. But if there is a large number of people who would pay minimal amounts of money, everything will work properly. Maybe ads will be enough and maybe premium membership will be good idea. If that's the case, premium will be no more than 3,4$ month and will include removing of all ads and maybe some additional functionality. So, for the most part of the users it will be free and for others dirt cheap. Biggest price to pay is taking a time to create new patch, going to site and uploading it.

About security, everyone should know that there's no such thing as perfectly secured computer. Antivirus can check files on the server, but it's impossible to manually check them all. If virus is found, ip gets banned. Risk for viruses is reduced, because it's not pr0n or war3z site. User information is also protected. Code is based on a same system as sites for e.g. White House, Ubuntu or Slayer (band). It's good enough for me, but that doesn't mean it's 100% safe. ANY site can be hacked. Blizzard got hacked, and that's a company with millions of user, and billions of dollars profit.

Yeah, there's a lot of things to go wrong. I was hoping for gradual growth, not explosion with millions of users :D

@eti

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5bJq_6MtKIh_UXB8S7Ls

• 5 months later...

Archived