PHASER THREAD: FULL OF BOLLOCKS

• Members

I have a green russian small stone.  Love it.  Sounds awesome.

It leaves me wanting more.  Where do I go next?  OTA IC phaser?  I'm looking at the keeley phaser, sounds pretty good.  

The main thing I'm looking for is more control over the wetness of the phase and the overall shape and color of it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Blackout Effectors Whetstone or the new, smaller, OTA Phaser

i've tried so many different phasers, but if you love the Small Stone, that's an OTA 4-stage phaser.. anything like the EQD (Ross phaser) or MXR variants won't be what you love about the Small Stone.

• Members

Im god of phase... 1. Whetstone. 2. Empress. 3. Redwitch mpd for good vibey phase that can run on batts only. Havent tried infanem yet. :idk:

Whetstone is glorious i have an odd coloured white one totally matches mines medusa.11!!

• Members

Bump for the wet stone, it does sound very small stone ish. tO ME. Very ehxy sounding, It even sounds off the hook kleen or keen phase the delay. Clean strat>>. Wet stone>>>>. Skrecho. Thats it!!! Im still moist11!!

• Members

Lolz at iphone typng , just not giving a {censored}, inability to edit on mobile app, Pls make posting pics n vids easier!!

I like this platform better but everyone is almost goned??

Im nu n old school. Im havin an bi phase with exp pedal, i first played one when i was 10 yo. Rock on wit yo BAD sef

• Members

I never went on a quest for a phaser. I've had a Small Stone since the late 80's. I never used it much. Then I went on that Pearl obsession and got their phaser. I love it. Also, I had a borrowed Infanem Faye's Her for a minute. That thing was just amazingly great. Would recommend.

• Members

Urinate Forever wrote:

the XO stereo polyphase looks promising also. I'm concerned that it'll sound too sterile though.

THIS. just picked one up earlier this week and it is AWESOME. highly recommend it. wouldn't call it sterile at all. plus the envlope phasing/filtering is really neat. got it to sound exactly like my big green russian small stone at both switch positions, so i'm selling that thing likely. 24v is about the only annoying thing about it. how the hell am i supposed to power 3 24v ehx pedals on my board???

• Members

This thread turned into a fist fight for a little bit. I wish I could have seen it, like alien running around shouting the names of his favorite phasers in a pfight club setting swinging wildly at anyone who had the audacity to suggest a phase 90. thats how we should settle tone arguements from now on: fistfights. winner gets the make the valued contribution.

Archived