Shoe Pedals Tourbox

V

• Members

I would like to get a tourbox going for Shoe Pedals. You guys know how this works. I put a variety of pedals in a box and send it to the first person on the list to try. They keep the box for a few days and try out the pedals (demo video/discussion/review appreciated) and then send to the next person on the list. And so on.

So, I have quite a few models and I don't think I'll include all of them, but I'm thinking the following would be in the box:

1. Silver Apple: Oscillating fuzz/distortion with momentary switch "?" for on the fly "note grabbing," glitching, and fun squealing stabs of oscillation.

2. Frog: Analog octave up booster pedal. Not an octave fuzz, really. More of a clean to overdriven-sounding octave. (A fixture on the road with Deerhoof's Ed Rodriguez.)

3. Pixel Fix: Synth-sounding fuzz. Does gated distortion and 8-bit/analog synth type sounds. Also works great on bass and monosynths. (Satomi, also of Deerhoof, uses this on bass.)

4. Kung Fuzz: A less wild fuzz. Made to be useful to a wide variety of people for more standard fuzz/distortion sounds. Has 12 different switchable modes (and I'll probably include the more deluxe version that has a few extra knobs.)

5. Evil Rainbow: A muff-style fuzz with extensive tone controls and several clipping options. Unlike most muffs it is fet based and can also do marshall-esque crunch and distortion sounds. Can also be used as a treble booster.

It's possible I could add one more in there. Anyway, let's start making a list. Who is in for this? For the cost of shipping to the next person, you get to try some awesome and unique pedals (These are all my own twisted take on a lot of different fuzz concepts. There are no direct clones, here.). Of course if you steal anything we'll get Bobby D to track you down.

RIP Bobby D

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yeah, by the way, there are youtube/soundcloud demos of most of these in my sig so you can get an idea. Of course, the whole point is things are always easiest to try out and evaluate with your own gear in a familiar setting.

Also if we have a group of people in one area who would like to try things together at a hangout/jam, that's cool too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575

View Post

Where in CT are you? My folks live there, I visit some what often...

I live in Meriden. It's kind of halfway between New Haven and Hartford.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitardustin View Post
This isn't going to be like when toyroom effects was all "Who wants to do a tour box!?!?!" and it never started is it? I'm pretty sure I would actually dig the heck out of your pedlolz.
I wasn't planning on it panning out that way, no.

I really want to let people try my stuff firsthand because I feel like they're much easier to "get" if you can just have the things in front of you.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

I live in Meriden. It's kind of halfway between New Haven and Hartford.

ahhhhh, meriden. I'm from that little notch at the top of CT. anyway, hope this tour box happens, your demos sound very nice

Archived