Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what music inspires you to create?

black keys lately for me.

The band I'm in.

I don't like them and I want to have something ready when I quit. It's working atm
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Good Deals: Mr Cheef &amp; WAWBanks &amp; JDE &amp; MPH &amp; the.nameless &amp; gambit &amp; Woolyh &amp; ChrisB</div>

Comment

• goodhonk
      goodhonk commented
      Editing a comment

tom92 wrote:
      The band I'm in.

I don't like them and I want to have something ready when I quit. It's working atm

haha

MBV, King Crimson, Deerhoof, Morricone, Goblin, Modernist music, Sun Ra, etc.
    Like <a target="_blank" href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shoe-Pedals/259407637461219">Shoe Pedals</a> on facebook for fun, gossip, and updates.<br><br>Orders taken via PM, facebook, and email to <a href="mailto:shoepedals@gmail.com">shoepedals@gmai l.com</a>

Comment

The question for me is the same as "what is your favorite music" ?.  If I'm into it, it inspires me to create.

But I can point to several albums that rise to the top of my list of inspirations:

Beatles Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Beach Boys Smile

The Kinks Village Green Preservation Society

Led Zeppelin IV

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon

Queen A Night At The Opera

David Bowie Heroes

Brian Eno and Harold Budd Plateaux of Mirror

U2 The Unforgettable Fire

Cocteau Twins Blue Bell Knoll

My Bloody Valentine Loveless

Guided By Voice Bee Thousand

Sea and Cake The Fawn

AIR Talkie Walkie

Radiohead In Rainbows

Arcade Fire The Suburbs

... something along those lines.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a target="_blank" href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=750566&amp;content=music">Sound clips</a><br><br>Trusted transactions: <font color="#ff00ff">Melx, </font><font color="blue">ThatMullingsKid</font>, <font color="red">Destructobot, </font><font color="orange"><font color="olive">slight-return,</font> </font><font color="purple">phishmarisol,</font> <font color="darkslateblue"><font color="black">JETKING,</font> </font><font color="darkorange">tubezipper,</font> <font color="purple">zygoat, </font><font color="seagreen">tee money</font>, <font color="blue">grygrx</font>, <font color="darkred">jburn</font>, <font color="Black">DeviEver</font></div>

Comment

• ispunk
        ispunk commented
        Editing a comment

Nuthin but The Shaggs

The Muppets

Comment

riff is too kind :cathappy:
        nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• riff ie
          riff ie commented
          Editing a comment

not really, least i forget no good deed goes unpunished...

thx fo the jams...

Right now?

My Bloody Valentine

Mogwai

Joy Division

Comment

• starmansam
          starmansam commented
          Editing a comment

Flaming Lips, all kinds

Hey Christian, check out the vaccines, you might dig em.

Comment

• christianatl
          christianatl commented
          Editing a comment

goodhonk wrote:
          Hey Christian, check out the vaccines, you might dig em.

They kind of sound like The Strokes to me.

I don't know your position on the strokes..

Comment

The Strokes are the worst band since the Beach Boys

Comment

• christianatl
            christianatl commented
            Editing a comment

A lot of Gary Numan, some New Romantics stuff (Duran Duran's s/t and Rio albums), The Cars, The Police, Devo (of course), Elis Costello...just losts of early 80s stuff I guess. Saying New Wave was just easier. 

• goodhonk
            goodhonk commented
            Editing a comment

companyman wrote:
            The Strokes are the worst band since the Beach Boys

haha.  i wish i had a kudos left for you.  maybe tomorrow.

I've noticed a lot of I've wrote lately is very Bad Books/Kevin Devine inspired. First songs I've been proud of and they're not even finished.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Good Deals: Mr Cheef &amp; WAWBanks &amp; JDE &amp; MPH &amp; the.nameless &amp; gambit &amp; Woolyh &amp; ChrisB</div>

Comment

" id="smiley" src="https://guitarcenter.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-.png" alt=":smiley:" title="Smiley Very Happy" />

christianatl wrote:

I've also been listening to Bow Wow Wow, Oingo Boingo, Missing Persons, Men at Work...

I could go on and on. I listen to a lot of music.

christianatl wrote:

A lot of Gary Numan, some New Romantics stuff (Duran Duran's s/t and Rio albums), The Cars, The Police, Devo (of course), Elis Costello...just losts of early 80s stuff I guess. Saying New Wave was just easier. 

These posts are highly approved 

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a target="_blank" href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=750566&amp;content=music">Sound clips</a><br><br>Trusted transactions: <font color="#ff00ff">Melx, </font><font color="blue">ThatMullingsKid</font>, <font color="red">Destructobot, </font><font color="orange"><font color="olive">slight-return,</font> </font><font color="purple">phishmarisol,</font> <font color="darkslateblue"><font color="black">JETKING,</font> </font><font color="darkorange">tubezipper,</font> <font color="purple">zygoat, </font><font color="seagreen">tee money</font>, <font color="blue">grygrx</font>, <font color="darkred">jburn</font>, <font color="Black">DeviEver</font></div>

Comment

Working...
          X