New pedal board day and some noob questions

Zetor

• Members

Most boards have soft surfaces so I'd put the hook part (the hard side) on the pedals in case you need to transfer them to another board at some point or sell one to someone who has a different board. 

As for how much, I would just put a strip the width of the pedal on the top and bottom ends on the small ones and like a few small squares near the corners of the larger ones. You don't need a ton to hold the pedals, but you want them to be stable when you step on them.

• Members

V wrote:

Most boards have soft surfaces so I'd put the hook part (the hard side) on the pedals in case you need to transfer them to another board at some point or sell one to someone who has a different board. 

As for how much, I would just put a strip the width of the pedal on the top and bottom ends on the small ones and like a few small squares near the corners of the larger ones. You don't need a ton to hold the pedals, but you want them to be stable when you step on them.

Thanks for the reply and duly noted. I expressed myself a bit unclearly in the third question. I see that some people have velcroed the entire horisontal bars on their boards like this:

board

While some haven

• Members

goodhonk wrote:

Congrats on the board, feels great to have the pedals on something sturdy and convenient. I agree with maca, Velcro to the edges, carpet side on the board. Your pedal signal doesn't look line it would be affected too much however you place them.

Listen to this guy.

• Members

goodhonk wrote:

Congrats on the board, feels great to have the pedals on something sturdy and convenient. I agree with maca, Velcro to the edges, carpet side on the board. Your pedal signal doesn't look line it would be affected too much however you place them.

Thanks, I am stoked since it will make my life easier. I have been dragging this stuff to rehearsals and gigs in a backpack, which has gotten really old.

Archived