Ideas for making some cool sounds.

The EAKLE

• Members

Using Studio One's plugin Ampire, I've been playing with a bunch of different sounds. There's loads of variety in the system. Almost too much, and I barely know where to begin.

I can choose amp heads and cabs, and effects pedal. Here's the options:

Heads

Clean British/American, Vintage British/American/Boutique, Crunch British/American/Boutique, Drive British/American/Boutique, Bass, And Legacy, which includes the dozens of amps based on styles from the 50s till now.

Then the cabs:

1X12 American/British/Boutique, 2X12 American, 4x10 American, 4x12 American/British, 2x8 Bass, 2x10 Bass, and more legacy options.

And for pedals, ive got"

Wah with four settings, Tube Driver, Equalizer, Modulation, Pan, Tremolo, Delay, and Reverb.

I've got something cool going right now with a 50's rock head from the legacy setting on a 4x12 British with the tube driver pedal set at about 60%. But I had to fiddle with things forever to find a good sound, because I have basically no idea what I'm doing.

Anyone have experience with ampire? Any ideas of combos I should try? Any advice at all?

Also, any info regarding the differences between American, British, and boutique cabs would be helpful.

• Members

No specific sound i'm looking for. I'm just expiramenting with stuff because i've only ever had very simple real amps, and Ampire gives loads of possibilities. 

I wouldn't use anything to heavly distorted, but some distortion is fun, so maybe ideas for a only slightly grungey sound?

And something that could give a really pure acoustic sound would be cool i guess, but if i ever needed to i'd just record my acoustics directly.

Other than that, just any ideas that people think might be cool.

Archived