Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: My prog band's new release, please judge away

Hey all. We just released this new track, and I thought some of you might be interested. We've been told we sound like a mix of Oceansize, Porcupine Tree, Opeth (I struggle to hear that but anyway) and Deftones, so if you hate any of those bands, soz. If you feel like critiquing, fire away! thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XcyA8lhrkg

I liked it. I did think in the first minute or so there was a lot of high pitched stuff going on that you could probably take out and not miss. Maybe it's just Youtube over compressing it. Also I have tinnitus.
    Selling:

Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.
    EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted
    Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.
    Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted

Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .

Comment

Very good! Fantastic tones and I really like the singer's voice.

Do y'all listen to Kaddisfly, 'cause if you don't you should.
      Phil O'Keefe wrote:You can never have enough cheese, son. Write that down.gear.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Lanefair
        View Post

I liked it. I did think in the first minute or so there was a lot of high pitched stuff going on that you could probably take out and not miss. Maybe it's just Youtube over compressing it. Also I have tinnitus.

Fair call man, it was originally an e-bow track that the producer fiddled with in the studio. Now that you mention it, its fairly piercing...

Quote Originally Posted by papersun
        View Post

Very good! Fantastic tones and I really like the singer's voice.

Do y'all listen to Kaddisfly, 'cause if you don't you should.

Thanks a lot. We actually all use axe-FXs so that's nice to hear about the tones...

And I haven't heard them, but will defs check em out.

Comment

This is the rig we're using for anyone who's interested

Comment

you had me at prog. sounds good, nice mix and all. cool that you all use axe's...
            Also dick swabs suck. a lot.

good deals with: HazeFX

Comment

Hey all. Here is single number 2. Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/transienceband/recreate

Comment

I can dig it. Nice tones for sure. I can definitely hear the Porcupine Tree influence.
                FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

Working...
              X