Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHX has really stepped up their game!

I just saw this over on TGP:

8-step

This, the 45000, RTG, HOG2, Epitome....  wowzers.

Attached Files
    FS: Digitech Whammey IVOriginally Posted by cryptosonictonight, I reverse mounted the toiletOriginally Posted by OperatorWhat kind of **************************** wears a scarf indoors?

HOLY MOTHER ****************IN SHI'AT

Post Modern Southern Sonic Prepared Concrete Annihilation.

Comment

• dZjupp
      dZjupp commented
      Editing a comment

i'm starting to hate EHX, how in the world can i really afford all this ****************? i mean first, it was the hog 2, then the rtg, now they drop this?

fuhget about it

EHX ftw.
    Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Stubacca
      Stubacca commented
      Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:
      EHX ftw.

THIS! I'm really excited to see a 45000 video.

• Texas Noise Factory
      Editing a comment
      Game changer.

8 step sequencer is badass.

that 8-step.. could be immense..
    Youtube Pedal Vids
    For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
    ToneFactor Nebular - £40
    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
    Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

Pun intended? .png" alt=":smileytongue:" title="Smiley Tongue" /> 

So, it only works in the footswitch jack? i wonder if it will do so in other non-ehx effects?

Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

• Pedaltones
        Pedaltones commented
        Editing a comment

Stepped-up game changers'd

aww ****************. that step thing is just a controller?! BULL. ****************.
      Youtube Pedal Vids
      For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
      ToneFactor Nebular - £40
      Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
      Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

• SonicMoniker
        SonicMoniker commented
        Editing a comment

Spam threads around here are going to get very interesting. I absolutely need that 8 Step Program in my life based on the description.

npfrs wrote:

8-step

This makes me so happy that I could cry tears of joy.

Best news around here in ages.

Attached Files

Comment

• Fender&EHX4ever
        Fender&EHX4ever commented
        Editing a comment

Now if only EHX would reissue the Clockworks " id="smiley" src="https://guitarcenter.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-.png" alt=":smiley:" title="Smiley Very Happy" />

npfrs wrote:

8-step

This, the 45000, RTG, HOG2, Epitome....  wowzers.

Really interested in the 8 Step. Anyone see a price yet? I'd like to try this with my HOG and Whammy V.

Attached Files
      Good Deals with: Snail_killer, myTakamine, C Fuzz, johnrambo, AnderMocs (x2), finboy, conky, themeanreds, masterwuhan, smrz, brandnewzo, Jisatsu, RoboPimp, itkindaworks, CrowShack, Coach, Leaves, Yarbicus, Raintes, jcm800stratman, -MBro-, smalltownsongs, TravvyBear, young_grandma, d_dave_c, homestar_kevin, cryptosonic, RockDaJoJo, Lonely Tourist, jhamnett, H.P. Lovecraft, killthehippies45, bikescene, delayed delay, christianatlBad Deals: Hello Music & Cascade Microphones

Comment

Holy **************** I need the EHX Epitome.  Like, now.

Comment

• AimmarCair
        AimmarCair commented
        Editing a comment
        Stopped myself buying an SH101 and an MC202 this week and I was trying to deny myself other step sequencer related deals. Then I remembered about seeing this on effects database.

I don't understand what everyone's problem is not understanding the step sequencer though? Read the damn pedal, it's an 8 step sequencer that controls an exp or CV amount. The glide function will be pretty cool to transition between steps.

Mmmm, it might be a buy but I'll probably wait to hear verdicts/buy the flips of some chump who doesn't understand how it works.

Not everyone has experience with CV

Comment

• macadood
        macadood commented
        Editing a comment

lol i bought a EHX step sequencer. why doesn't my guitar work through it???

Guess I am stupid for not understanding CV

Comment

• V
        V commented
        Editing a comment

It's simple. CV is short for Control Voltage. It was standardized by Moog so that 1 volt is 1 octave on their keyboards. However, control of knobs and such can also be done (usually in a range of 5v or so). Basically if something can accept CV signals you can send a voltage (or varying voltage like an LFO shape) to control a parameter with it. 

Thanks!

Comment

• V
        V commented
        Editing a comment

companyman wrote:
        Thanks!

No problem. So, like, on the hog, for instance, he has the octave bend mode on and the step sequences plugged into the expression input. I am not sure if it works this way exactly in practice, but normally an expression pedal is just like having a knob inside of a foot pedal so you can manipulate it. Since this seems to be able to send CV signals and has a glide function as well it's probably actually generating voltages as well but for the same of simplicity in this example, think of those sliders as your knob. Each position corresponds to a position between minimum and maximum on the knob. In this case, maximum would be one octave up. Middle is probably a 5th up and minimum is unison. So, using those sliders he is dialing in 8 individual knob settings and then the sequencer runs through them in a sequence at a set speed. This generates different harmonic intervals corresponding to the note he's playing. I used to do this with midi pitch shift signals on my original hog. It's quite cool if you use an ebow because you can then hold out long notes, the pedal generates an arpeggio, and you can change the key by playing a different note on the guitar. Sounds very synth-like.

Yeah the Microsynth II is a dream of mine...til then my big box will have to do.... I don' t own a pedal with CV, but I am interested in the 8 step....imagine a Flanger Hoax with it! DROOL

Comment

maca you got a 8step right? wanna try with Timeline?? 

Originally Posted by arthurdent'd

Canadian politeness is not very rock-n-roll.

Comment

A newbie question: what exactly does a sequencer do?

"Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
          - Robert Fripp

Comment

• Fender&EHX4ever
            Fender&EHX4ever commented
            Editing a comment

Zetor wrote:

A newbie question: what exactly does a sequencer do?

Let's take an example. Let's say that you use the sequencer to control the expression input of the EHX Worm in wah mode. Normally with an expression pedal you could use the Worm like a traditional wah. With the 8StepSeq you have 8 sliders. Each slider can act as the expression pedal. You set the slider to a position much like a cocked wah. But now you have a series of 8 different settings in a sequence. You use the rate to determine how fast you want the sequence to cycle through the 8 settings. In other words, you are customizing your own modulated wah so that the oscillations are not fixed at just one depth, but rather 8 potentially different depths in a sequence that cycles. In this regard, it is similar to the Moogerfooger MURF, but more flexible because it can be used with any pedal that has CV or Expression control.

Working...
        X