OT: Why can't people use the right Craigslist?

dkerwood

• Members

I live in the southwest corner of my state. Lately there's been a rash of ads from other parts of the state, particularly the northeast(!) corner. It's not just an issue of someone spamming the other "local" CL sites; it's unique ads posted to the wrong site... a TON of them.

Is this going on anywhere else? Nothing more annoying than finding a great deal on an effects pedal, but then discovering that it's eight hours away.

• Members

reverberlayed wrote:

If stuff isn't selling, why not expand to other parts of the state. I'd drive across my state or into neighboring states for something I wanted. Then again, I live in Connecticut so we are small.

what's the guitar in your avatar, asat?

• Members

I've driven eleven hours round trip for a killer drum set deal. We're talking a $2K+ kit for $800 though. I don't think I'd do the same for a pedal that's $80 instead of the $100 that it goes for here.

Now, I have used a CL score as an excuse to drive somewhere cool (if you do it right, it can even be written off as a business expense), BUT if I am searching CL 8 hours away, I expect to drive 8 hours. Not so much in my own back yard.

Good point about delivery, though. If they're willing to blow a hundred bucks on gas to get eighty bucks from me, I'm on board.

• Members

reverberlayed wrote:

If stuff isn't selling, why not expand to other parts of the state. I'd drive across my state or into neighboring states for something I wanted. Then again, I live in Connecticut so we are small.

Ha ha same. I also live in CT and will drive anywhere here for a good deal.

Archived