Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ews Fuzzy Drive: a flop or well kept secret?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ews Fuzzy Drive: a flop or well kept secret?

Hi all. New guy but a gear nerd and tone hound nonetheless. I'm curious how many of you have experience with the EWS Fuzzy Drive. I have one and it finds its way on and off my board. Mostly on but not a main drive or fuzz I use. It is a pretty unique pedal in that it's a fuzz with op-amp as opposed to transistors. I do find some great uses for it, esp paired witha particular vintage phaser i own, but there are also times when I find myself feeling like its kind of a 1 trick pony. It has its unique sound (I feel like the fulltone secret freq is similar) yet it doesn't have a pallet of tones like many other popular drives and fuzzes.

So the question is not whether or not I need it, but if it's used by a lot of people or simply a cool idea that didnt really live up to the concept.

I had one for a little while. It sounded too similar (at least the way I had it set) to my OD-3 so I sold it. It annoyed me that unity volume was less than 9 o'clock on the volume control so I felt like I was "choking" it by not being able to crank it.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<br><br>G&amp;L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy<br><br>Fender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.<br><br><br><br>Pedals:<br><br>Pitchblack&g t;EP Booster&gt;Classic 108 Fuzz&gt; SD-1&gt;OCD&gt;Keeley Rat&gt;Hoof&gt;DLS MKiii&gt;Small Stone&gt;TR-2&gt;Flashback&gt;Spring Theory<br><br><br><br>Amp:<br><br>Peavey Delta Blues<br><br></font></div>

Comment

Working...
    X