Overdrive Pedals for $100-$150?

The EAKLE

• Members

The EAKLE wrote:

I'v been having some fun with a digital overdrive pedal and im interested in looking for a real one. What are some good models for around $100, no more than $150?

Hmm.  Real ones?  Not sure what you mean by that, but my favorites have been the ss/bs {censored} (you can get used for less than 150 right now), fulltone ocd, boss OD-3.  

• Members

Aedes wrote:

The EAKLE wrote:

I'v been having some fun with a digital overdrive pedal and im interested in looking for a real one. What are some good models for around $100, no more than $150?

Hmm.  Real ones?  Not sure what you mean by that, but my favorites have been the ss/bs {censored} (you can get used for less than 150 right now), fulltone ocd, boss OD-3.  

The only pedals i've been using are built into Studio One. They're completely digital. Im looking for an actual pedal to hook my guitar up to, and so far the Overdrive one in Ampire is my favorite, so i'm gonna start by looking at those.

Thanks for the recomendations guys! I'll look up some demos of those soon.

• Members

Yup you really can't go wrong with an OCD - it is a stellar pedal through both SS and valve amps. It's the monosodium glutamate of pedals - whatever you play will sound better through it. Plus the rolled off volume and dynamics set it apart.

YMMV though, I like it - you might hate it.

Archived