boosting with a big muff pi?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boosting with a big muff pi?

is it possible and how would it sound?

Jesus christ man, are you aiming to fill up the entire first page with threads about boosting?  Can't you just ask these questions in your original thread?

To answer your question, most (but not all) big muffs sound like garbage into a dirty amp.

Recent good deals: Fruvai, Darkmavis, Mind_Riot89, jeid2000, Krish, andthenurse, JDE, figjamaussie, Slow Life, The Riffer, Netstar, SimplyBen, magnum pi, WAWBanks, Hides-His-Eyes, Neoflox, woolyh, AidyCM, Gambit, MPH, joshp13589

DCC Engineering - custom cabinets, pedals and amps.
    Omens - my band

Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX

Let me see you piss on me and I will show you my tits. Well it no work that way. You need to rub my balls first. And balls I mean testicles

Comment

• third_eye
      third_eye commented
      Editing a comment

im sorry for making so many threads? :/ 

Great...i boosted a greenie into a jcm800 and it was awesome....esp for the heavies
    OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment

I'm not wild about using a Big Muff as a boost. It's great WITH a boost, but as a boost, most Muffs are too dirty and dark.

Yeah it's gonna boost Square wave low to high fuzz on many occasions.  If you're into this good.  I prefer the 4558 chip pedals.  I always go for tone.  The 1st factor is the amp, and this is normally good quality and always tube.  The rest is important but a good amp can make a crappy pedal sound SWEET.  A sweet boost can make a crappy amp sound crappy-crappier.  Just my .02

Nothing beats quality.

Comment

Working...
    X