So, a label is releasing my EP on cassette. :)

Devi Ever

• Members

Hey there. The generous folks at Custom Made Music is releasing my EP, {censored} IS A FOUR LETTER WORD, on cassette, and we'll also be doing a split 7" with Last Remaining Pinnacle.

First of all, about the cassette release. It's for fun, as much as nostalgia, as much as novelty, as much as art, as much as a listening experience. A lot of people feel like cassette cassette should go the way of the 8-track, but remixing and remastering these tracks for a cassette release... thinking of their being an A-Side and B-Side and all the quirks that went along with playing and recording to cassettes really opened up a part of my heart, mind, soul, whatever that I had long forgotten about.

I think people really discount the tactile and visual experience of such things because we're so used to getting what we want when we want in this digital age, but it hasn't always been that way, and it's still not that way for a large part of the world.

So yeah, if you don't have a cassette player, or can't be buggered to buy a cheap one, I've got the tracks up for a limited time on soundcloud, so enjoy while you can.

These remixed / remastered tracks have been properly {censored}ed... because I really wanted to capture the spirit of a tape that may have actually been released in the 80's / 90's, played to {censored}, abused, left in the summer heat of an old car with vinyl seats, and then copied and passed around, and this what was left.

A lot of people are going to think this is all just {censored}ty noise, but {censored} ya'll... there is so much texture and joy to be found in leaving things imperfect.

https://soundcloud.com/deviever/sets/{censored}-is-a-four-letter-cassette

• Members

TomVanDeven wrote:

Ohhhh rewinding. How I don't miss you.

you gotta get a deck that has auto-reverse. life is good with an auto reverse tape deck.

when I saw Dan Deacon this fall he was selling his works on cassette, which was an incredible thing. Good work getting cassette'd devi.

Archived