Jamman Solo XT?

fractal

• Members

Hey DigiTechRep, what is the lowdown on this? I just saw this at Digitech's website but nobody has mentioned it yet here. (Sorry if I missed it somewhere...) It looks great (stereo in a compact form, sync via cable to another unit, etc.), and may have me trading my Jamman Stereo for it.
JamManSoloXT_Top_Text.png?1348067415
http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/jamman-solo-xt

Comments?

• Members

We just released the XT and the V-10 Power Block on Friday. I did the demo video for the XT last Monday, I'll have it edited by EOB tomorrow. The JamMan SoloXT is WAY feature-packed, I mean like more feature-packed than any JamMan ever:

Stereo in/out
JamSync to connect and sync to other JamMan SoloXT's
BPM Adjustment/Display
Tap Tempo
Time Stretching/Compression
Auto Record
FS3X Footswitch Jack
USB For Loop Editor
External Card
Internal Memory
DC Power w/Power Supply Included

It is kind of ridiculous all the stuff it does.

• Members

Sync to other XT's. Can you explain more how this works? I assume the first to make a loop is the one that the others are sync'd to. Or does one of the loopers always have to be the first?

Also, no midi connections so I guess there is no way to sync other things right, the sync is only for the XT, right? No tap tempo input either?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by manymanyhaha View Post
Sync to other XT's. Can you explain more how this works? I assume the first to make a loop is the one that the others are sync'd to. Or does one of the loopers always have to be the first?
JamMan_Solo_X_T_Front.jpg?1348067394

Quote Originally Posted by Digitech
The JamMan Solo XT features a unique pedal-linking capability called JamSync. For multi-phrase looping, a guitarist can link together two JamMan Solo XTs and record different length phrases in each while staying in perfect sync. Link together three JamMans and the JamSync will provide three synced phrases, and so on. Loopers can now use as many phrases as they need to create intricate loop layering.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep View Post
We just released the XT and the V-10 Power Block on Friday. I did the demo video for the XT last Monday, I'll have it edited by EOB tomorrow. The JamMan SoloXT is WAY feature-packed, I mean like more feature-packed than any JamMan ever:

Stereo in/out
JamSync to connect and sync to other JamMan SoloXT's
BPM Adjustment/Display
Tap Tempo
Time Stretching/Compression
Auto Record
FS3X Footswitch Jack
USB For Loop Editor
External Card
Internal Memory
DC Power w/Power Supply Included

It is kind of ridiculous all the stuff it does.
sounds good.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by manymanyhaha View Post
You connect an 1/8" stereo cable from the out of the first XT to the in of the next. The first in the chain automatically becomes master, the second becomes the slave. Then do the same from the 2nd to 3rd, etc.

Also, no midi connections so I guess there is no way to sync other things right, the sync is only for the XT, right? No tap tempo input either?
There is no room for MIDI with this form factor. The sync is for XT's only at this time. There is a tap tempo button on the front of the XT and the FS3X may allow for external tap tempo. There is some fluidity with the button assignment on the FS3X right now, no assignments are yet set in stone.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep View Post
You connect an 1/8" stereo cable from the out of the first XT to the in of the next. The first in the chain automatically becomes master, the second becomes the slave. Then do the same from the 2nd to 3rd, etc.

There is no room for MIDI with this form factor. The sync is for XT's only at this time. There is a tap tempo button on the front of the XT and the FS3X may allow for external tap tempo. There is some fluidity with the button assignment on the FS3X right now, no assignments are yet set in stone.
Thanks so much for the response. I've been wanting small loopers that can sync together fo a long time. I know it is too late for this implementation but I highly recommend future research into making it flexible which is the master and I also recommend tap tempo so that one can sync with a drum machine or really good drummer.

• 1 month later...

Archived