NGearD: Sunn, DOD, Dearmond guitar

hangwire

• Members

Sold a guitar I built and ran into some cheap deals when out and about on the local portion of my vacation before the Phoenix part {hi goodhonk :wave: }

Sunn 2x10 cab which has guitar speakers in it

photo CF3C332F-1B83-4A9E-A6F1-7B46885EABB4-449-0000003AFC6E1F4D_zpseb6fc87a.jpg

DOD fx87 edge [psycho acoustic processor}

photo B149EC03-082D-4792-97BF-06584EDF3D8C-449-0000003AB2E8A55D_zps3fe9a423.jpg

ahhh, takes guitar tone and makes it 80s-ized 

actually as an "effect" it can really help feedback coaxing or bringing out the blade side of a knife in abrasive fuzz walls

and a Dearmond m55 LP Jr guitar which has a larger than LP body

photo B3B3DD5D-0F1E-4E71-95C2-7A6F3F002BE2-449-0000003A9647C4F1_zps5ae4a5de.jpg

Might paint the body, might route a lipstick pickup in the neck "spot" and have 2 volume controls/no switch set up... might get one of those humbucker plates and drop an angled lipstick pickup in the bridge and be done with it... or might leave it stock and have 1 guitar in my collection that has a humbucker in it.

Feel free to recommend any humbucker sized pickups that dont have the muddy middy bump of a humbucker that may be interesting cheap options you have experience with :thu:

the color is much more light cream than aged banana yellow- any color ideas will be nice too 

• Members

an interesting cluster of fuzz

It'll be interesting to hear the DOD...too much fuzzwallz inthe world, and not enough cutting edges.

Does the Sunn cab have forklift notches? One of the heaviest cabs I ever got suckered into helping with was a Sunn... Which speakers?

For the Guitar, how about a GFS splittable lipstick humbucker? That, and a push/pull pot, will get you many toans.

• Members

lefort_1 wrote:

an interesting cluster of fuzz

It'll be interesting to hear the DOD...too much fuzzwallz inthe world, and not enough cutting edges.

Does the Sunn cab have forklift notches? One of the heaviest cabs I ever got suckered into helping with was a Sunn... Which speakers?

For the Guitar, how about a GFS splittable lipstick humbucker? That, and a push/pull pot, will get you many toans.

the dod is kinda like flipping the bright switch on an amp, so nice to have as a pedal for that reason :idk:

the sunn is actually fairly small - as it looks big in the pic with no perspective - but I think it may be a pa speaker cab.  the ports may or may not be missing tweeters.  sounded good with a tremlolux head running into it :) not bad for $30

was thinking of doing some research about putting a bass 10" speaker and leave 1 guitar speaker in there... any thoughts?

I actually saw that dual lipstick humbucker but didnt think of splitting... i also looked at their wide range HB clone, and the filtertron clone...

• Members

Hey Hangwire, you know you don't just need to search for a DML10

The standard DML and the DML20 are basically the same, DML just has slightly shorter delay times.

Also there's the programmable modulation delay, not as nice as pots, LCD screen where you can punch in numbers but same sounds.

Archived