What is the problem with Musictoyz?

zendog54

• Members

They owe me money from a couple of orders I canceled. They told me by e-mail they would refund the money to Paypal within 24 hours, and that was almost a month ago.

They don't respond to voice mail or e-mail.

Do I have any recourse? Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Members
If you paid with paypal file a claim.

I tried that, but there's a 45 day window of opportunity. Since the money was deducted from paypal months ago, there's nothing they can do. They did send an e-mail to Musictoyz on my behalf, but that was ignored too!

:mad:

• Members

I would have filed a claim around 30-40 day mark if I didn't have the product in hand.

Did you pay with a credit card to fund the paypal charge?

Banks have much longer chargeback periods and generally are much more helpful than paypal in these situations.

Alright....I guess I was a little casual in letting so much time go by for a couple of "backordered" items. Nevertheless, it doesn't explain why their customer service is so lame and they can fail to provide an appropriate response to one of their longstanding customers.

• Members

With business ethics like that, they won't be around terribly long. Everything comes back to you eventually.

Yet, they've been around for years and years and years... and believe it or not, their service is actually better now than it was then if you can believe that. I also don't know how they survive when there are other shops selling similar wares with much better service.

One tip though - if you DO have to order through them (say, a product only they carry), PHONE order. Have the person physically get up and look at the item and confirm that it's there before you order.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hello all.  I dealt with musictoyz about 10 years ago and had a big problem with them, Ted, and haven't done biz with them since.  They had a discontinued pedal that no one else had and the owner, Ted, who I dealt with directly on the phone gave me a discount on it (or so I thought), so I figured I would give them another shot.  The pedal showed up and I didn't like it, so I returned it within the time frame with receipt enclosed.  After a few weeks I noticed no credit on my credit card so I commenced trying to contact them to see what the story was.  Over the course of two weeks I left several voice messages, even two on Ted's "personal" cell phone after I heard nothing back with no reply.  I even filled out the support form on the website, twice, no reply.  After 45 days I had no choice but to have my credit card company dispute the charge and credit me back.  Oh, and BTW, Ted, even though he said he was going to discount my pedal 50 bucks because it was discontinued, never did, and charged me full pop.  I can't really say I've had a worse retail experience than with Musictoyz and I am amazed that they are still in business as I had a similar experience with them 10 years ago.  

• Members

AnderMocs wrote:

I don't understand why people keep buying from them.

Because:

1. Not everybody know Harmony Central (yes, unbelievable, I know) in order to learn about MusicToyz.

2. Not everybody take the time to do a decent research to see if MusicToyz owns a good reputation.

3. I knew about a webstore called MusicToyz long before a website called Harmony Central. Considering the important fact that:

3.1. I'm from Chile (south america) and

3.2. english is not my native language,

that says a lot about MusicToyz popularity worldwide.

Archived