Inexpensive Overdrive <$100?

plaidbeer

• Members

My secondhand OD-3 crapped out last week and it would cost more to fix than it's worth, so I'm in need of another overdrive. I'm not opposed to replacing it with another OD-3, but I'm not real familiar with what's out there and suggestions would be welcomed for something relatively inexpensive ($100 or less). 

I'm using a VM Mustang going into a Pathfinder 15r most of the time. My other dirt pedals are a Swollen Pickle, a homebrew distortion, and a modded Rat clone. In terms of tones I like, I don't need heavy distortion nor do I play much dirgey, sludgy stuff. Most of the stuff I like would be considered shoegaze, dreampop, postpunk. I generally like jangly, chimey stuff if that makes a difference.  

• Members

Donner2013 wrote:

Maybe you can shop in my website. Everything is more than 30% off. Please enter in:
. If you have further questions, you can chat me online or email to me. Thank you.

All the products are more than 30% off. More discount, please contact me.

Oh dude, I totally did already. I bought four of these.

http://www.donnerdeal.com/daphone-df1778-new-style-metal-sustain-pedal-for-electronic-organ-keyboard.html

Elizabeth123 wrote:

I shopped in Donner yesterday, maybe the shop is suitable for you, everything is 30\% off. And they also give more more discount after I email to them.

HAHA, maybe you can choose one there. 

The shop's link:
http://www.donnerdeal.com

I bought this one.jpg

I bought this one is ?50

You know, considering the amount of spam accouts you guys have made, I'm strongly tempted to tell the entire HC community to avoid doing business with you guys under any circumstances. It's pretty obvious you don't respect them, or the community here, enough to follow the rules. You can participate in discussions, put a reasonable link to your site in your sig, and even answer Mooer related questions when they're asked by someone else, but constantly pushing your own site and products in every post is a sure way to get perma-banned around here, and to make our members here want to AVOID buying anything from your company.

This is your last warning on the matter. Please stop spamming us.

• Members

A Bad Monkey is about as inexpensive as it gets and it does a very nice tubescreamer sound.  I also like the Pork Loin but use it more for EQ/tone shaping than OD as such -- it's very nice in that capacity, just adding a little grit, but it's pretty dull and nondescript (IMO) with the gain turned up.

Archived