OT - Did you guys see this story? Guy buries millions and starts a treasure hunt, just to...

Phil O'Keefe

...just to get people out of the house and exploring the outdoors. :)

Actually, I think it's pretty cool. And if I llived in New Mexico, I'd probably try looking for it myself a few times. Not with any illusions of being able to decipher the clues and find the gold, but just to get outdoors. It's kind of like a modern-day Lost Dutchman treasure or something.

http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/02/27/17103863-want-to-find-his-hidden-treasure-worth-millions-head-outdoors?lite

hangwire wrote:

Will pics become easier to post before this starts?

Believe me, I've been asking for that. Considering the thousands of pictures I post every year, it affects me as much as anyone. If it's important to you too, I'd suggest / kindly ask that you consider voicing your opinion on the matter in the Feedback forum. 

ambient wrote:

Are they even bothering to read the feedback forum? Or is it mostly to keep the complaints from clogging up the rest of the site?

My understanding is that the comments there DO make a difference. Ones placed elsewhere on the site are not likely to be seen by those who need to see them.

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

...just to get people out of the house and exploring the outdoors.
:)

Actually, I think it's pretty cool. And if I llived in New Mexico, I'd probably try looking for it myself a few times. Not with any illusions of being able to decipher the clues and find the gold, but just to get outdoors. It's kind of like a modern-day Lost Dutchman treasure or something.

That'd make a cool family vacation.

imbuedblue wrote:

That'd make a cool family vacation.

Indeed. :)

I was fortunate when I was a kid - our parents took us on many cool vacations. We drove all over the place, exploring the USA - especially the west. We visited National Forests, Monuments, and Parks, historic locations, and some of the most beautiful places this country has to offer. Plus, we had a family cabin in the local mountains that was on a lake, with nothing but national forest behind us. Water and snow skiing, hiking, fishing, hunting - I grew up doing all that stuff. It gave me a serious appreciation for the outdoors, and for nature. I feel sorry for kids who don't get those opportunities.

Archived