Power Supply - Ontopic

SammyTT

• Members

Age old problem, what power supply do I go for?

I'm looking for something that will help bring down hum and noise in my signal path. Majority of my pedals are Boss and EHX but I'd like to bare in mind others that might go into the chain later.

I've been looking at getting something with Isolated outputs, but I'm not sure what to look for. I've been looking at T.Rex Fuel Tanks (Not Sure what is the best one to go for out of their line) and the Voodoo Lab PPII.

Theres a T.Rex Fuel Tank Classic on eBay right now that I'd be inclined to bid on if it were worth as much as it's probably going to go for.

Any help is appreciated, Cheers.

• Members

the fuel tank classic has no isolated outputs, so it acts like a daisy chain in a box -> noise!

the fuel tank junior is nice with 5 outputs and a lots of cables
i have a pp2+ for ages now, from the time there were no alternatives, works great but does not have enough cables

there are now other and cheaper solutions

• Members

Voodoo Lab stuff is top notch. I've been running their stuff for over 10 years now, and haven't had any problems. The T.Rex Fuel Tank Jr. and Chameleon are good too, but have less outputs.

On my three pedalboards, I'm currently running three Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Pluses and a T.Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon.

What pedals do you have exactly?

Archived