Harmony Central Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Phil... I'm sure you have seen this but...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Phil... I'm sure you have seen this but...

2011070118035641.jpgApple Studio

Attached Files

This is a pair of Tyler D1's

What mastering monitors do you use...

studio.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

• Capt Beaver
      Capt Beaver commented
      Editing a comment

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment

Capt Beaver wrote:

This is a pair of Tyler D1's

What mastering monitors do you use...

I am a big fan of ADAM monitors, and I've been using them as my primary reference for several years now. I have S3A, A7, and A5 models. I also have some custom modified JBL 4412's, and a pair of Avantone Mixcubes (Auratone C5-esque 5" full-range cubes) for lo-fi referencing. If I'm mastering something, typically, those are the speakers I use.

I normally try hard to not have to master my own stuff though. My friend and "go to" mastering guy for years was Bill Dooley, who was working out of Paramount in Hollywood before he passed away. Bill had ADAM S4's in the mastering suite there.

Comment

Capt Beaver wrote:

Are you sure that's Apple studio? I suspect it's actually a storage room for "floating" outboard gear at EMI Abbey Road.

Regardless of what or where it actually is, that's an impressive collection of rack gear! Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

Attached Files

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• Capt Beaver
        Capt Beaver commented
        Editing a comment

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

Capt Beaver wrote:

Are you sure that's Apple studio? I suspect it's actually a storage room for "floating" outboard gear at EMI Abbey Road.

Regardless of what or where it actually is, that's an impressive collection of rack gear! Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

LOL I ment Abbey Road... don't know why I typed that... I'm on an Apple....png" alt=":smileyfrustrated:" title="Smiley Frustrated" />

Attached Files
    Working...
    X