listen to this amazing delay from a kit

• Members

i ran across this on ILF and thought i'd share with y'all, since i don't post over here much anymore. this is a kit from 1776 for avintage delay emulator. has modes for echoplex, binson, and re201. it sounds awesome. this demo is pretty cool. there's some other good ones too. has anyone built or tried one of these in person? it's probably out of my league for building but {censored}, it sounds rad.

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

Back on topic... how much are the delay kits, are where can you get them?

There is no kit, there is just a PCB. 1776 effects makes them and the boards are top notch. 

There are some great mods available for this such as adding modulation for each tape head, and modifying the warble range. You can also tweak the overall clarity of the effect at the cost of it sounding less like the effects its emulating and more digital clean. 

• Members

y'all aint seen nothing yet. here is a multiplex with a rub-a-dub reverb from 1776 too built into one pretty enclosure.

the pcb itself is pretty cheap, and i was surprised by how 'simple' the circuit is for a delay pedal it seems not bad at all

dss

dssa

• Members

yeah, i was wrong when i said kit. when i looked into it, it's just a pcb. it's only like $14 or something. i've built a few simple things, but i think i need to do some more before taking it on. looks simple for a delay, but still probably out of my league. it's a super cool delay though. 

also, phil, i've lost access to my old account. i sent an email into the void from some link in the feedback thread or something, but got no response. i would be interested in getting that account back.

Archived