Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Electronic Ditto Looper

Does anyone know for sure if this unit has an auto-quantize feature? As in one that syncs the phrase you enter with the beginning of the virtual measure?

i want to list all the ways in which the answer is no, but apparently i can change my tc vibrato settings by pointing my phone at my guitar so there may be some hidden method.
    but for real, no
    soundcloud.com/nonlocality
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

Nope. It just plays back what you put in.

Comment

• Urinate Forever
        Urinate Forever commented
        Editing a comment
        i dont understand what auto quantize is

i don't think he's here anymore, but kudos anyway
      soundcloud.com/nonlocality
      nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

Duncan113 wrote:

Does anyone know for sure if this unit has an auto-quantize feature? As in one that syncs the phrase you enter with the beginning of the virtual measure?

I can't see how.  Auto-Quantize requires a tempo.  And this unit has no means of inputting a tempo or any way to output the tempo (LED or click).

Not sure all loopers act the same, but what quantize does is tempo shift the the loop to fit exactly into the beat.  That means quantize does nothing to make the loop glitch free or smooth at the loop point.  That is still a function of your timing on the footswitch.  But if there is a beat, quantize will make sure that the loop remains in the same sync as long as you loop.

"I used my psychic powers to investigate this and found it to be hogwash. I hate it when people make claims with no basis in science."

"If a problem is too difficult to understand the solution is to placate your ignorance with denial."

Tasty Licks
        Secret Moment

Comment

No auto-quantize because there's no way to set/sync tempo.

Comment

Working...
          X