Morrissey vs Kimmel

Phil O'Keefe

I actually like Morrissey - or at least I like some of the music he's made, but IMHO, he really needs to lighten up a bit. I'm not saying that the things he's concerned about aren't important, or at minimum, serious topics that deserve consideration and discussion, but come on - it's a late night talk show that is hosted by a comedian. You can't expect it to be all serious, all the time, or for people with different points of view to never be allowed on the show if you're on it, or for the show to not make a bit of fun out of your cancellation.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/jimmy-kimmel-mocks-morrisseys-duck-424926

What do you think?

• Members

"militant vegan Morrissey"

I think that says everything you need to know about Morrissey.

Plus, my band is playing "How Soon is Now" and every time we play it, I want to slit my wrists (and eat a couple of hot dogs wrapped in bacon with some kind of meat based bun).

• Members

i'm not a fan of either, but i'm with Morrisey on this one. he pulled out of show on reasonable grounds, politely leaving it at that.

but then this Kimmel guy decides it worth tearing into him for it. for entertainment. i'm sure he would have kissed his ass if he was on the show.. Morrisey considers this hypocritical and indicative of a culture that doesn't respect intellectual debate over light entertainment.

he's got a point.

• Members

Morrissey: fabulous lyricist, fine singer, and unique. 

He's also a wanker. Flapping on about duck hunters promoting gun ownership when he's made several comments sucking up to the {censored}ing Krays is about typical for him. 

'Intellectual debate'? What was so intellectual about singing 'hang the DJ'? Yes Moz, hang someone because they play pop music you don't like. 

• Members

i just watched an interview from the meat is murder era regarding that album, the interviewer asked morissey, "in your opinion is there anything more wretched in this world than a memeber of the royal family eating a burger?"    or something to that effect.

• Members

I play in a Moz tribute and seriously facepalm whenever he says something in the media.

"The tragedy in Norway is nothing compared to the atrocities carried out by the fast food industry"...

"The Chinese are a subspecies"...

"Jimmy Kimmel is a meanie"....

OK, so I sumarized that last one.  Honestly, at this point, I feel like he says what he thinks is expected of him, and what will put his name in the news to promote his next tour.  Its not like he's had a new album for his last three US tours.

Anyway, I love the music, but I'm not a fan of the man himself.

• Members

I'm a big fan of Mozz and The Smiths. I'm just about fed up with the guy and his current touring band. Really, the way they play Smiths song AND Mozz's own music seems like some {censored} cover band you hear at a local dive bar. The guy has a cult following and I stopped pouring my heart and soul at Morrissey shows the day I had to pay $115 a ticket to see him in small-to-medium venues. I'm done. Not buying into the ora of a person that once meant THE {censored}ING WORLD to me with his lyrics. But like the comment above mine states, it's when he opens his mouth or cancels shows due to his "beliefs." Who ends up suffering from that? That's right. THE asshole typing this post who use to pay $115. I'm over Mozz. Swallow your pride, reunite The Smiths and STFU already you diva.

/rant.

Archived