NPD x 2!

• Members

Took advantage of a PGS Spring sale ($25 off) to get 2 pedals I've been jonesing for.  A Catalinbread DLS Mk. III and a Boss SD-1.  I was only able to play for about an hour and at reasonable levels but they both sound really awesome.  I'll try and explain the tones the best I can.  Hopefully, I can get a demo video up on Saturday but I can't promise anything as I've been really busy.  

Dirty Little Secret:

I've had experience with the V.2 DLS so when the new one was hyped up I knew it was only a matter of time before I ordered one.  This pedal does not dissappoint.  I have no experience with a "real" Marshall but this pedal seems to transform my Peavey to a girthy, roaring, monster.  The controls are really interactive and intuitive.  I say intuitive because they interact much like an amplifier would.  The pre-amp control creates an ample amount of distortion for me.  It stacks beautifully with my other pedals, including the SD-1, EP Booster, Rat and I especially liked the Hoof in front of that.  This is where the DLS shines - as a foundation pedal/sound.  This pedal is also extemely touch sensitive and sounds awesome with the volume knob on the guitar rolled back (credit to it's intentional design) - even more touch sensitive than I remember my old DLS being and OCD.  I'm still in the honeymoon phase but this pedal seriously blew me away.  Good job Catalinbread!

SD-1:

It's no secret that many people love the SD-1 and I can't believe its actually taken me so long to try one.  It sounds great, and I don't know why I ever discredit Boss dirt pedals based on limited experience.  The SD-1 and OD-3 are both really great sounding pedals that don't deserve to be discredited before being played.  I bet I'd like the DS-1 too but swore it off after hearing the beehive tones I'd get with it going into my 10 watt solid state Marshall practice amp :facepalm: I wish I had tried an SD-1 to replace the tubescreamers I've been using and never quite happy with.  

All in all, I'm happy I took the plunge.  Also, I received the pedals just 2 days after I ordered from PGS from Oregon to Connecticut which is quite awesome (free shipping nonetheless).  

DLS SD1.jpg

• Members

HNPDx2!

Digging the new digs on the DLS. I've always wanted to try Catalinbread stuff.

I've always been a fan of the SD-1, but mine got the boot when the OD-3 came out. You've got to love that squishy Boss bypass. Line a bunch up and you can elegantly choreograph your pedal switching.

Archived