Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNSGD

I traded my Vox SSC-33 in for a lovely Gibson SG Special in worn cherry over the weekend, I need the lightest guitar I could get with my back issues getting worse and all. The SG is a 2 piece body with a fatty 50's neck, I dig the openness of the pickups, love it

I hear you on the back issue. I turn 60 in three days and can really feel it the morning after a four-hour gig.

My current gigging guitar is a Dean Vendetta XM made of Pawlonia wood that weighs about three pounds. Any more than that and I have trouble before the gig is over.

I knew I was getting old when I started evaluating guitars by how much they weighed rather than how well they played.
    Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Comment

Jelly. The want for an SG is strong with me. Mmmmm.

HAPPY NGD POST PICTURES
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Urinate Forever
        Urinate Forever commented
        Editing a comment
        SGs are pretty much the most badass of all guitars.

I can't figure out how to post pics here, Honky tried to teach me but I are dum

Comment

• goodhonk
        goodhonk commented
        Editing a comment

what does the OP smell like?

depends.

P.S. SG's are the sexiest guitars agreed!

Comment

Has Jesus instructed you to mock the afflicted Pastorhonk? If so bravo!

Comment

Thanks.... But mine is a Gibson worn Special, I think that is a masterbuilt Epiphone

Comment

Winning, you are.
        P.S the 490r and 490t sound open and lovely, I have read much hate for those pickups, I dig them.

Comment

• ItchyFingers
          ItchyFingers commented
          Editing a comment

^yeah i have them in an LP Studio, and have always though they sounded great, not sure why they get slagged so hard online

Hahahaha that Maestro SG looks so bad.

That string spacing; fine near the nut, completely ****************ed at the bridge. And they let THAT guitar through for the product photo. Sad!
        Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Good janglies with my Orange

Comment

• riff ie
            riff ie commented
            Editing a comment

i really dig the 50's neck for leads but w/suasage finger in hand they leave me less desired when chunkn' out a rhythm...HNSGD...

The neck fits my hands nicely

Comment

• A.P. Ryder
            A.P. Ryder commented
            Editing a comment

Happy New SG Day!

But my friend had an SG way back in high school, and that thing weighed a ton!  He eventually traded it for a Tele.  Much lighter.

This one is about 6 llbs

Comment

Oh I am, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X