Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

sweat off her beer or beer off her breasts'???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweat off her beer or beer off her breasts'???

and if you know a a lil about el-84 converters please do...

changes come w/ the whether...

as i've never really jived w/el-84 amps, and have tried more than a few, the only 1 i can say that wowd' me was a machless lightin' circa 2001 or so, it was homeboys and i dug it enough to almost drop 3k then i realized i could buy several amps that were similar and get my mojo workin' instead so tell me of your exp. w/ the ol' el-84 converter as i want to be a fan cuz Brian May sez zo, and you can assure me of said information which is not knowledge yet exp. fold through, get down...

changes come w/ the whether...

Comment

• riff ie
      riff ie commented
      Editing a comment

sans U know i'll be work w/ a mesa express, 6L6 fixed bias, 50 watts a/b, 5 watts a, thanx in advance...

oh yes
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• riff ie
      riff ie commented
      Editing a comment

k-no...

heartbroken
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• riff ie
      riff ie commented
      Editing a comment

U know i know, my last trip through county, I encounted a for real golem, many years or paint and glue can do that...

Do you mean those Yellow Jacket converters? I have a friend that has been running an old Blackface Vibrolux (2x6L6, 35W) with those for years without any problems. Sounds good. He says he likes the way the amp responds better with the Yellow Jackets.

They work by dropping the plate and screen voltages, limiting screen current, and blocking the bias voltage to set up a cathode biased circuit for the EL84s. You'll lose at least half of your output power with these.

Comment

• riff ie
      riff ie commented
      Editing a comment

imbuedblue wrote:

Do you mean those Yellow Jacket converters? I have a friend that has been running an old Blackface Vibrolux (2x6L6, 35W) with those for years without any problems. Sounds good. He says he likes the way the amp responds better with the Yellow Jackets.

They work by dropping the plate and screen voltages, limiting screen current, and blocking the bias voltage to set up a cathode biased circuit for the EL84s. You'll lose at least half of your output power with these.

Yeah man, I'll have to google out some more info on these type of converters and see if it will work w/ this amp... Good to hears dudes had some win w/ em', the power drop is kinda the general idear here as to get the power tubes clippin n' all, not that the 5 watt option dosen't bring the goods it's just that i'm curious as to what kinda nieghbor friendly volumes can be coaxd' out of the 84's...

whoa what
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• riff ie
      riff ie commented
      Editing a comment

PKTrono wrote:
      whoa what

No whats' really goin' on...

of course of course
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• riff ie
      riff ie commented
      Editing a comment

u know us old folk tryin' to get sum for nuaght, and going from the ol' jam box back up to 5/50 watts is like whoa, yeah thats how remember it sounding...

nothing like plugging in at volume
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• riff ie
      riff ie commented
      Editing a comment

psychoacoustics'd...

Working...
X