suzie q fuzz..

• Members

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Fogerty's tone in Creedence always come from a solid-state Kustom amp? I like that tone, too. Ironic that I can't quite achieve it with a tube amp and a tube-powered distortion pedal.

• Members

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Fogerty's tone in Creedence always come from a solid-state Kustom amp? I like that tone, too. Ironic that I can't quite achieve it with a tube amp and a tube-powered distortion pedal.

that's interesting. i never heard that before. i'll have to mess around with my randall solid state..it almost sounds like he's using a fixed wah sound, too.

• Members

The 'Harmonic Clipper' was the built-in fuzz circuit on the big Kustoms. I forget what particular model he used but it was like a 200 watter. He still gigs it.

I think i remember reading somewhere that maybe he didn't record with that amp, not sure though. I'd still love to find one. I could be wrong though. I'm just some guy with a vague memory of something i might have read on the internet somewhere, so that doesn't mean much.

• 9 months later...

misterstomach wrote:

The 'Harmonic Clipper' was the built-in fuzz circuit on the big Kustoms. I forget what particular model he used but it was like a 200 watter. He still gigs it.

I think i remember reading somewhere that maybe he didn't record with that amp, not sure though. I'd still love to find one. I could be wrong though. I'm just some guy with a vague memory of something i might have read on the internet somewhere, so that doesn't mean much.

IIRC, he used a Kustom K-200. I know he's used other amps too, but he's strongly associated with the Kustom.

• Members

i'm not cloning them things. never intended to. that's strictly diy stuff for diy people.

me and one of the guys that reverse engineered it were gonna offer them built, but people (here in particular) freaked out over the price and were such dicks about it, i withdrew the offer.

there's been a couple built for people, and for the price i felt they were a good deal... a lot less than a ludwig in decent shape, and with support and warranty. but... oh well. i didn't care, as i wasn't making anything off it.

i was just glad to be able to make it happen, and restore my old one.

i have a couple sets of boards but never really got around to doing it up yet. i got an original, so a clone, tho cool, really isn't all that necessary to me. ;)

peace!

Archived