suzie q fuzz..

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzie q fuzz..

or is it just a hot, over-driven amp?

We just spent $64,000 in that bar. We're going to have to get jobs, to cover up the fact that we rob banks.

I love that tone.
    —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Fogerty's tone in Creedence always come from a solid-state Kustom amp? I like that tone, too. Ironic that I can't quite achieve it with a tube amp and a tube-powered distortion pedal.
      http://soundcloud.com/tin-fingers

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the built-in "Harmonic Clipper" in the amp.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Fogerty's tone in Creedence always come from a solid-state Kustom amp? I like that tone, too. Ironic that I can't quite achieve it with a tube amp and a tube-powered distortion pedal.

that's interesting. i never heard that before. i'll have to mess around with my randall solid state..it almost sounds like he's using a fixed wah sound, too.
          We just spent $64,000 in that bar. We're going to have to get jobs, to cover up the fact that we rob banks.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the built-in "Harmonic Clipper" in the amp.

Yup.

Comment

And kustom amps?

Originally Posted by IRG:
              "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

And kustom amps?

The 'Harmonic Clipper' was the built-in fuzz circuit on the big Kustoms. I forget what particular model he used but it was like a 200 watter. He still gigs it.

Comment

Sweet. I love ccr.
                  Good deals: papersun, ETI, Sondeladick, RoboPimp, Baxandall, Hangwire, bHz Econo, stratedge09, Blakemore Effects, Goodhonk, Macadood, Subsauce, Shoe Pedals | TGP: cooptone, pedalfrenzy

Originally Posted by IRG:
                  "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

The 'Harmonic Clipper' was the built-in fuzz circuit on the big Kustoms. I forget what particular model he used but it was like a 200 watter. He still gigs it.

good info. so, basically, i'll have to work with what i have to come close to that tone.

Comment

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMJXYWOC68E[/video]

Comment

You guys should do up a stompbox version.
                        Founding father of the Fulldrive IIth Fairies

Comment

i dont' know what it is about fogerty doing ccr's stuff, but it always sounds off to me. i think it's the drums, especially the fills. this one sounds a little better than most i've heard.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I think i remember reading somewhere that maybe he didn't record with that amp, not sure though. I'd still love to find one. I could be wrong though. I'm just some guy with a vague memory of something i might have read on the internet somewhere, so that doesn't mean much.

Comment

• pinkjimiphoton
                              pinkjimiphoton commented
                              Editing a comment

• Phil O'Keefe
                              Phil O'Keefe commented
                              Editing a comment

misterstomach wrote:

I think i remember reading somewhere that maybe he didn't record with that amp, not sure though. I'd still love to find one. I could be wrong though. I'm just some guy with a vague memory of something i might have read on the internet somewhere, so that doesn't mean much.

IIRC, he used a Kustom K-200. I know he's used other amps too, but he's strongly associated with the Kustom.

Hey jimi, how are the Ludwig clones coming along?
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• pinkjimiphoton
                              pinkjimiphoton commented
                              Editing a comment

i'm not cloning them things. never intended to. that's strictly diy stuff for diy people.

me and one of the guys that reverse engineered it were gonna offer them built, but people (here in particular) freaked out over the price and were such dicks about it, i withdrew the offer.

there's been a couple built for people, and for the price i felt they were a good deal... a lot less than a ludwig in decent shape, and with support and warranty. but... oh well. i didn't care, as i wasn't making anything off it.

i was just glad to be able to make it happen, and restore my old one.

i have a couple sets of boards but never really got around to doing it up yet. i got an original, so a clone, tho cool, really isn't all that necessary to me.

peace!

Working...
                          X