Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pigtronix Infinity Looper - anyone try it yet?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575
    View Post

SD card- Cool but on the jamman stereo

MIDI sync- cool

no reverse- not cool

expression pedal controlled volume- cool, although, how do I control both loops? two expression pedals one jack? How does that work?

AUX out- I don't think I'd use that jamman drum out seems more useful to me.

loop length selector- cool

USB- cool but jamman'd

9 presets- more than boomerang but less than jamman

UNDO- wait do I have to have a separate controller to undo?

$449- ugh. nope.

Good analysis.
    FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575
      View Post

SD card- Cool but on the jamman stereo

MIDI sync- cool

no reverse- not cool

expression pedal controlled volume- cool, although, how do I control both loops? two expression pedals one jack? How does that work?

AUX out- I don't think I'd use that jamman drum out seems more useful to me.

loop length selector- cool

USB- cool but jamman'd

9 presets- more than boomerang but less than jamman

UNDO- wait do I have to have a separate controller to undo?

$449- ugh. nope.

Good analysis.
      FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude
        View Post

I hear you. Cheaper would be nice.

This is pigtronix we are talking about
        For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude
          View Post

I hear you. Cheaper would be nice.

This is pigtronix we are talking about
          For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones
            View Post

Ouch! I knew it was going to be pricey but I was hoping for it to be a bit more affordable.

To be honest, Pigtronix have always been a little too expensive. They make great gear and are unique, which is a rarity, but the Echolution just isn't worth $499 when the market is now awash with should affordable alternatives. The new TC Electronic X4, for instance, has basically the same feature-set, but at half the price. I'm not suggesting features solely constitutes cost-effectiveness, but with pedals like the Timeline for a little less
            ● MIJ 81' Ibanez AR100, CIJ Fender Custom 72 Telecaster, Edwards Les Paul w/P90s, MIM 93' Fender Stratocaster ● Fryette Memphis 30C, JCA20H (modified) ●● Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper, Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge, Iron Ether FrantaBit, ss/bs F*ck, BAT Pharaoh, EQD Organizer ●● EQD Ghost Echo, Skreddy Echo, Mid-fi Electronics DPP, Subdecay Starlight Flanger, Subdecay Quasar Dlx ●// Gear // Gas //

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones
              View Post

Ouch! I knew it was going to be pricey but I was hoping for it to be a bit more affordable.

To be honest, Pigtronix have always been a little too expensive. They make great gear and are unique, which is a rarity, but the Echolution just isn't worth $499 when the market is now awash with should affordable alternatives. The new TC Electronic X4, for instance, has basically the same feature-set, but at half the price. I'm not suggesting features solely constitutes cost-effectiveness, but with pedals like the Timeline for a little less
              ● MIJ 81' Ibanez AR100, CIJ Fender Custom 72 Telecaster, Edwards Les Paul w/P90s, MIM 93' Fender Stratocaster ● Fryette Memphis 30C, JCA20H (modified) ●● Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper, Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge, Iron Ether FrantaBit, ss/bs F*ck, BAT Pharaoh, EQD Organizer ●● EQD Ghost Echo, Skreddy Echo, Mid-fi Electronics DPP, Subdecay Starlight Flanger, Subdecay Quasar Dlx ●// Gear // Gas //

Comment

• Tone Doctor
                Tone Doctor commented
                Editing a comment

Pigtronix is proud to announce a major new, free firmware update for the Infinity Looper pedal.

To install the update, run the firmware update function from the Infinity Looper Application or grab it from here:

http://pigtronix.com/SPLfirmware/

New features included in this update are:

Reverse Playback
                Rec --> Overdub --> Play
                Trails and Fade STOP override
                Instant Clear
                Series mode overdub commit
                Click Killer option 

Here are the details 

1) Reverse mode. It is now possible to reverse a loop. Here are a few things to remember:

- REVERSE is triggered by shorting the RING to the SLEEVE of the UNDO jack. This is accomplished by connecting any two-button, momentary footswitch (such as the BOSS FS-6) to the UNDO jack with a TRS cable. Pigtronix will be manufacturing a dedicated Infinity Remote switch pedal soon.

- Pressing the REVERSE button means that REVERSE playback will be started at the beginning of the next loop cycle. Pressing REVERSE also works during the initial record of a loop.

- Once you are in REVERSE playback, pressing the REVERSE button means that playback will go forwards at the beginning of the next loop cycle.

- Once you are in REVERSE playback, you can use the UNDO switch to flip flop back and forth between forwards and reverse versions of the same layer instantly

- Hitting REVERSE and then UNDO before the end of the loop cycle will cancel the REVERSE command.

2) Rec --> Overdub --> Play

- In response to numerous customer requests, we have implemented a feature that allows you to go directly from recording the base layer, straight into overdub mode. Once you have started the base layer recording, simply press the UNDO switch to close your initial loop and go straight into playback with overdub active. Press the appropriate Loop footswitch as you normally would to close the overdub when desired and begin regular playback.

3) Trails and Fade STOP override:

- It is now possible to override TRAIL and FADE stop modes by double pressing the STOP switch. This lets you simply leave the unit in TRAIL or FADE mode and retain the option to get a full stop by pressing the STOP footswitch twice in a row. Big thanks to Phil Keaggy for this excellent suggestion!

- Bug fix: Closing a loop initial record in FADE or TRAIL mode is now possible using STOP.

4) Instant Clear:

- When one or both loops are stopped, hitting UNDO will trigger an instant erase of the currently armed loop. This lets you simply leave the unit in ALL mode and retain the option to clear individual loops by pressing the UNDO switch after the desired loop has been stopped. Thanks again to Phil Keaggy for this one!

5) Series mode overdub commit:

- Using TRAIL or FADE, in SERIES mode, overdubs are not lost when switching from one loop to another regardless of whether the current overdub layer is open or closed. Thanks to Charlie DeLauro for this one.

6) Click Killer option

- In the Loop Aging menu (press and hold INPUT SPLIT), an option has been added to disable/enable the loop boundary click killer. If it is on, the menu will show "C". If it is off, the menu will show "c". Click Killer defaults to "C" Pressing the encoder while on this option will toggle the loop boundary click killer status. The loop boundary click killer is a super quick crossfade between the beginning and end of a loop. For musicians who want to construct sustained droning loops with overdubs that cross the loop boundary, turning the click killer off with result in "seamless" loops. For more rhythmic and song based performances, we recommend leaving the click killer on.

---

Thank you to EVERYONE who contributed to this massive update. NURF is my hero! 

More updates to come... feel free to contact me via PM or email anytime with feedback about these newly added features and others that you want in the future.

Looks ****************ing ugly.

$449 and no reverse? Hell no.
              Originally Posted by Zappa74

last time I was in vegas, a friend of mine paid a whore $600. she slapped him when he tried to put his finger in her butt and he blacked out before she could give him anything more than a handjob.

My bands: http://aldorainedoom.bandcamp.com
              http://www.facebook.com/lrrrpunk

FS: Lightfoot Laps Goatkeeper

Comment

Looks ****************ing ugly.

$449 and no reverse? Hell no.
                Originally Posted by Zappa74

last time I was in vegas, a friend of mine paid a whore $600. she slapped him when he tried to put his finger in her butt and he blacked out before she could give him anything more than a handjob.

My bands: http://aldorainedoom.bandcamp.com
                http://www.facebook.com/lrrrpunk

FS: Lightfoot Laps Goatkeeper

Comment

oof, nope.
                  Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
                  likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

oof, nope.
                    Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
                    likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

It's expensive but so is the rc50 etc. From what I heard on the video this does some things no other pedals do very easily (for example you can do a quick backing track loop then loop a second piece over it that is of a longer length, also you can create songs with verse chorus verse, also input more than one instrument). all in all if you're looking for exactly what this pedal does it could be worth it. i've given up on looping put if I was still looking for something I might try this out.

Comment

It's expensive but so is the rc50 etc. From what I heard on the video this does some things no other pedals do very easily (for example you can do a quick backing track loop then loop a second piece over it that is of a longer length, also you can create songs with verse chorus verse, also input more than one instrument). all in all if you're looking for exactly what this pedal does it could be worth it. i've given up on looping put if I was still looking for something I might try this out.

Comment

There is not a single looper out there that does everything a looping musician wants. For most, each possibility has inherent flaws, either being too expensive, too big, or not containing the features they specifically need.

Comment

There is not a single looper out there that does everything a looping musician wants. For most, each possibility has inherent flaws, either being too expensive, too big, or not containing the features they specifically need.

Comment

I was interested for a second... Then details surfaced and I think I'll stick with my tried and true 2880 which far and away out performs this looper.
                              Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X