Boomerang III / Pigtronix Infinity Looper

guitapick

• Members

I'm thinking about getting a looper. Sold some gear so I've got some $$$ to spend. I know the Boomerang III's been around and is the real deal. Pigronix puts out great stuff and the there's no reason to think that the Infinity's no exception.

From what I've read, they're both got great sound quality. I like the look of the Boomerang in that it seems less cluttered, but I haven't seen the Infinity in real life. There's going to be a demo of it at Sam Ash in Manhattan tomorrow (12/12) from 3-6 o'clock. Don't know if I can make it, though.

Anybody here have experience with one or the other? Guess I'm most interested in hearing about the Pigtronix 'cuz there aren't as many reviews, yet. Best case is someone who's played through both, of course.

• Members

I was asking about loopers on another forum and someone was seriously into the Pigtronix. I'll ask him for details. I can't find it at any of the stores around here, but there are some YouTube demoes. So somebody's gittin' 'em.

Like I said: there'll be a demo for 3 hours tomorrow at the Manhattan Sam Ash. 3:00-6:00. Man...just don't know if I can make it or not.

I've been pretty set on the Boomerang III. The big difference, as far as I can see, is the USB connectivity and all the perks that come with that.

• Members

I was asking about loopers on another forum and someone was seriously into the Pigtronix. I'll ask him for details. I can't find it at any of the stores around here, but there are some YouTube demoes. So somebody's gittin' 'em.

Like I said: there'll be a demo for 3 hours tomorrow at the Manhattan Sam Ash. 3:00-6:00. Man...just don't know if I can make it or not.

I've been pretty set on the Boomerang III. The big difference, as far as I can see, is the USB connectivity and all the perks that come with that.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction View Post
i would check out both manuals and see which one fits idn_smilie.gif
I've been doing that. But I tend to like to try stuff out before buying. Or at least check out videos and sound samples that grab me.

I'd definitely want to do that in this instance. I'll be using this unit for live stuff and want it as user friendly/comfortable as possible. I won't know about that until I really try it or at least see more of it. I'd like to have a solid idea before plunking down $500 on an effect unit.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction View Post
i would check out both manuals and see which one fits idn_smilie.gif
I've been doing that. But I tend to like to try stuff out before buying. Or at least check out videos and sound samples that grab me.

I'd definitely want to do that in this instance. I'll be using this unit for live stuff and want it as user friendly/comfortable as possible. I won't know about that until I really try it or at least see more of it. I'd like to have a solid idea before plunking down $500 on an effect unit.

• Members

^ of course, me too... it was more about "what you want/need in a looper pedal" question... i use the Digitech Jamman Stereo and tought all the time about a rang III - after some test runs i think i dont need the Rang III (great/best looper imo)... but i just use the looper more as a sampler and for some simple stuff.

but thats just me. the infinity is intressting and i'll wait for more user reviews. - i like the small size

• Members

^ of course, me too... it was more about "what you want/need in a looper pedal" question... i use the Digitech Jamman Stereo and tought all the time about a rang III - after some test runs i think i dont need the Rang III (great/best looper imo)... but i just use the looper more as a sampler and for some simple stuff.

but thats just me. the infinity is intressting and i'll wait for more user reviews. - i like the small size

• Members

You got a point there. I've only thought about a looper occasionally in the past. Besides electric, I've been into solo fingerstyle for a long time and can no longer do it like I used to. The thumb under the neck for long periods of time aggravates a wrist injury. So I miss being able to put lines together like I used to. The looper seems like a great and fun way to fill that void. I can still play lots of electric.

So I'm no expert in loopers. I do know that I really like the clean tones on my guitars. Preserving that both in bypass and phrase repeats is a must. And I want the unit to work well and easily. The rest of the stuff is questionable and can probably only be answered by trying stuff out and finding out as much as I can.

• Members

You got a point there. I've only thought about a looper occasionally in the past. Besides electric, I've been into solo fingerstyle for a long time and can no longer do it like I used to. The thumb under the neck for long periods of time aggravates a wrist injury. So I miss being able to put lines together like I used to. The looper seems like a great and fun way to fill that void. I can still play lots of electric.

So I'm no expert in loopers. I do know that I really like the clean tones on my guitars. Preserving that both in bypass and phrase repeats is a must. And I want the unit to work well and easily. The rest of the stuff is questionable and can probably only be answered by trying stuff out and finding out as much as I can.

• Members

I had the Boomerang, and loved it. It's amazing how easy is to use, just had to read the manual once, and how flexible for looping. The pads it uses for switches are so good I wonder why no other manufacturers don't use them. Sold it to fund a new guitar, and I'm not playing live these days, but if I needed a perfect looper again, I'd buy the Boomerang without any doubts.

I'm sure the Pigtronix is great too, but just at a glance to the pedal I wouldn't know how to use it the way I want, and you just have 2 loops. And normal switches. It's great if you need to save your loops though.

• Members

I had the Boomerang, and loved it. It's amazing how easy is to use, just had to read the manual once, and how flexible for looping. The pads it uses for switches are so good I wonder why no other manufacturers don't use them. Sold it to fund a new guitar, and I'm not playing live these days, but if I needed a perfect looper again, I'd buy the Boomerang without any doubts.

I'm sure the Pigtronix is great too, but just at a glance to the pedal I wouldn't know how to use it the way I want, and you just have 2 loops. And normal switches. It's great if you need to save your loops though.

Archived