Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boomerang III / Pigtronix Infinity Looper

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boomerang III / Pigtronix Infinity Looper

    I'm thinking about getting a looper. Sold some gear so I've got some $$$ to spend. I know the Boomerang III's been around and is the real deal. Pigronix puts out great stuff and the there's no reason to think that the Infinity's no exception.



    From what I've read, they're both got great sound quality. I like the look of the Boomerang in that it seems less cluttered, but I haven't seen the Infinity in real life. There's going to be a demo of it at Sam Ash in Manhattan tomorrow (12/12) from 3-6 o'clock. Don't know if I can make it, though.



    Anybody here have experience with one or the other? Guess I'm most interested in hearing about the Pigtronix 'cuz there aren't as many reviews, yet. Best case is someone who's played through both, of course.
    shizAAAAAM!!!

  • #2
    srsly philosophic thread.
    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

    Comment


    • #3
      srsly philosophic thread.
      YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

      Comment


      • #4
        is the pigtronix even officially out yet?
        YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

        Comment


        • #5
          is the pigtronix even officially out yet?
          YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

          Comment


          • #6
            VERY interested in this thread...
            Good Transactions with: kismet78 (x3) // Dap99 // 22Tape // rdawk // T ned // Crxshdxmmy // placebo62 // thebazaar // Used666 // RDM // hivedestruction // gummodlx // elicious // Scarlet Theory // xtoby44x // claytonjohn18

            Comment


            • #7
              VERY interested in this thread...
              Good Transactions with: kismet78 (x3) // Dap99 // 22Tape // rdawk // T ned // Crxshdxmmy // placebo62 // thebazaar // Used666 // RDM // hivedestruction // gummodlx // elicious // Scarlet Theory // xtoby44x // claytonjohn18

              Comment


              • #8
                I was asking about loopers on another forum and someone was seriously into the Pigtronix. I'll ask him for details. I can't find it at any of the stores around here, but there are some YouTube demoes. So somebody's gittin' 'em.



                Like I said: there'll be a demo for 3 hours tomorrow at the Manhattan Sam Ash. 30-60. Man...just don't know if I can make it or not.



                I've been pretty set on the Boomerang III. The big difference, as far as I can see, is the USB connectivity and all the perks that come with that.
                shizAAAAAM!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was asking about loopers on another forum and someone was seriously into the Pigtronix. I'll ask him for details. I can't find it at any of the stores around here, but there are some YouTube demoes. So somebody's gittin' 'em.



                  Like I said: there'll be a demo for 3 hours tomorrow at the Manhattan Sam Ash. 30-60. Man...just don't know if I can make it or not.



                  I've been pretty set on the Boomerang III. The big difference, as far as I can see, is the USB connectivity and all the perks that come with that.
                  shizAAAAAM!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i would check out both manuals and see which one fits
                    Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i would check out both manuals and see which one fits
                      Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

                      Comment


                      • #12






                        Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction
                        View Post

                        i would check out both manuals and see which one fits




                        I've been doing that. But I tend to like to try stuff out before buying. Or at least check out videos and sound samples that grab me.



                        I'd definitely want to do that in this instance. I'll be using this unit for live stuff and want it as user friendly/comfortable as possible. I won't know about that until I really try it or at least see more of it. I'd like to have a solid idea before plunking down $500 on an effect unit.
                        shizAAAAAM!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13






                          Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction
                          View Post

                          i would check out both manuals and see which one fits




                          I've been doing that. But I tend to like to try stuff out before buying. Or at least check out videos and sound samples that grab me.



                          I'd definitely want to do that in this instance. I'll be using this unit for live stuff and want it as user friendly/comfortable as possible. I won't know about that until I really try it or at least see more of it. I'd like to have a solid idea before plunking down $500 on an effect unit.
                          shizAAAAAM!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ^ of course, me too... it was more about "what you want/need in a looper pedal" question... i use the Digitech Jamman Stereo and tought all the time about a rang III - after some test runs i think i dont need the Rang III (great/best looper imo)... but i just use the looper more as a sampler and for some simple stuff.



                            but thats just me. the infinity is intressting and i'll wait for more user reviews. - i like the small size
                            Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ^ of course, me too... it was more about "what you want/need in a looper pedal" question... i use the Digitech Jamman Stereo and tought all the time about a rang III - after some test runs i think i dont need the Rang III (great/best looper imo)... but i just use the looper more as a sampler and for some simple stuff.



                              but thats just me. the infinity is intressting and i'll wait for more user reviews. - i like the small size
                              Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X