BEST OVERDRIVE PEDAL FOR SANTANA TONE?

pureoverdrive

• Members

If you really want to sound like Santana, Keeley Modded Tubescreamer is what you need. Also, if you have a three way switch on your guitar, put it in the middle and roll off the tone knob of the guitar. Experiment with different pickup settings with one of the tone knobs almost off. That's called the "Woman Tone":thu:

• Members

is that the ts9 or ts-808?

Dosn't santana just use one as a boost?

are there any pedals that use cascading gain stages to get a real similar sound?

thanks for replies so far

TS9. I think he has two of them. Google Santana pedalboard

• Members

Hi, im looking for a high quality OD pedal that will get me smooth , full on mesa mkI sounds/dumble overdrive. iv heard tubescreamers are ok at this but im not so shure. any other pedals of interest? thanks

Here's a clip I did a few weeks ago, and I think it gets in the Santana ballpark. I used my Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top on the neck position. I used a Keeley Modded TS-9 into my '66 Allen/Master Volume Bassman head Normal clean channel. Here's the link.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=633883&content=songinfo&songID=5936461

• Members

Hi, im looking for a high quality OD pedal that will get me smooth , full on mesa mkI sounds/dumble overdrive. iv heard tubescreamers are ok at this but im not so shure. any other pedals of interest? thanks

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

this should help :thu:

• 5 years later...

Archived