OT: Anyone practice Martial Arts?

Faldoe

• Members

I don't, but my 10 year old son is studying karate.  He's been doing it for about 4 years now and loves it.  When he does his routines I can hardly believe it's my son doing those cool moves.  He can also break wood boards with his fists.  Pretty soon it's going to be: Me: "Clean your room!"  Him: "{censored} off, Dad.  Make me."

• Members

My wife and I do Aikido. This great for any age. The original sensei was practicing into his 90s. It is all about joint locks, energy redirection and Close Quarter Combat. I have had to use it before on the subway. Guy was getting rowdy and kept smashing into me. I finally used a wrist lock and put him on the floor until the cops took him away.

• Members

seibertdr wrote:

My wife and I do Aikido. This great for any age. The original sensei was practicing into his 90s. It is all about joint locks, energy redirection and Close Quarter Combat. I have had to use it before on the subway. Guy was getting rowdy and kept smashing into me. I finally used a wrist lock and put him on the floor until the cops took him away.

nice. Its good to have that knowledge when you need it.

A.P. Ryder wrote:

I don't, but my 10 year old son is studying karate.  He's been doing it for about 4 years now and loves it.  When he does his routines I can hardly believe it's my son doing those cool moves.  He can also break wood boards with his fists.  Pretty soon it's going to be: Me: "Clean your room!"  Him: "{censored} off, Dad.  Make me."

haha. Very nice.

Archived