Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

OT: Anyone practice Martial Arts?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Anyone practice Martial Arts?

My cousin is taking some Judo classes and I've been intrigued in getting into someone kind of Martial Arts. Anyone practice? Multiple deciplines? Thoughts, suggestions? 

<div class="signaturecontainer">Decolonize</div><br><br>

I don't, but my 10 year old son is studying karate.  He's been doing it for about 4 years now and loves it.  When he does his routines I can hardly believe it's my son doing those cool moves.  He can also break wood boards with his fists.  Pretty soon it's going to be: Me: "Clean your room!"  Him: "**************** off, Dad.  Make me."

<div class="signaturecontainer">... puppets jerking on their strings ...</div>

Comment

My wife and I do Aikido. This great for any age. The original sensei was practicing into his 90s. It is all about joint locks, energy redirection and Close Quarter Combat. I have had to use it before on the subway. Guy was getting rowdy and kept smashing into me. I finally used a wrist lock and put him on the floor until the cops took him away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Mesa Boogie Road King II
      Carvin 2x12 cab
      Egnater Rebel 30 Combo
      Fender FSR Standard Black
      Schecter Hellraiser Black Cherry
      Ibanez RG570 Blue
      Ibanez AR200 Red Wine
      Gretsch G5120 Orange
      Hofner Shorty White
      Musket > Morley Bad Horsie > DynaComp > FullDrive 2 > BBE Green Screamer > EH POG2 > Ernie Ball Volume > Amp
      Loop EFX: Line 6 M9

Comment

• Faldoe
        Faldoe commented
        Editing a comment

seibertdr wrote:

My wife and I do Aikido. This great for any age. The original sensei was practicing into his 90s. It is all about joint locks, energy redirection and Close Quarter Combat. I have had to use it before on the subway. Guy was getting rowdy and kept smashing into me. I finally used a wrist lock and put him on the floor until the cops took him away.

nice. Its good to have that knowledge when you need it.

A.P. Ryder wrote:

I don't, but my 10 year old son is studying karate.  He's been doing it for about 4 years now and loves it.  When he does his routines I can hardly believe it's my son doing those cool moves.  He can also break wood boards with his fists.  Pretty soon it's going to be: Me: "Clean your room!"  Him: "**************** off, Dad.  Make me."

haha. Very nice.

my brother took muay thai and jiu jitsu (he did some mma fighting). he's had to use it in boston and gets really pumped if you ask him about it.
      so if you want to get really pumped, do it
      nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• eti313
        eti313 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kung fu for 5 years. Way out of practice now.

Working...
    X